In the neon-lit dystopia of Night City, where danger lurks at every corner and survival is a daily routine, even a mercenary like V needs a moment of respite. Amidst the chaos and cyber-enhanced mayhem of Cyberpunk 2077, romance options can be a welcome escape (or distraction).
Luckily, there is no shortage of hot singles in Night City. We’ll point you in the right direction of these diverse romantic encounters available in the game and provide you with the tips to pursue them successfully so your nights in Night City are less lonely.
The upcoming DLC, Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, might add more options to this list, and we’ll update the article sooner or later to reflect that.
Major romance options
For a more fleshed-out and serious commitment (something long-term, perhaps?), the major Cyberpunk 2077 romance options will give you the most content. However, these guys and gals will need you to go through several hoops for results. They’re not easy, and they prefer the good, relatively old-fashioned get-to-know-each-other methods.
Panam Palmer: The Nomad Adventurer
Fiery, hot-headed, and somewhat extroverted, Panam is the ideal carefree country girlfriend for a male V. That’s right, Panam is strictly straight.
She’s certainly more adventurous than Judy and sometimes even finds violence and explosions ‘exciting.’ If you’re ever in need of a gal pal lover who’s also into cars, shooting, and beer, Panam is the one. She might even outdo you in those interests, so try to keep up.
- Suitable for V with a male body.
- First introduced during the “Ghost Town” main story quest in Act 2.
- Progress through the story missions involving Panam, like:
- Riders on The Storm
- With a Little Help From My Friends
- Queen of the Highway.
- Express your interest and support for Panam throughout these quests to unlock the romantic path.
Judy Alvarez: The Hacker Girl
No, you won’t be “fixing her” because this tattooed techno-goth hacker girl needs no fixing and is one of the most resilient and independent characters in the game. Judy Alvarez is strictly a lesbian, though, keep that in mind.
- Compatible with V having a female body and voice.
- Encountered during “The Heist” main story mission in Act 1.
- To initiate a relationship with Judy, complete her series of side quests, including:
- Both Sides, Now
- Talkin’ ‘Bout A Revolution
- Pyramid Song
- Make sure to support Judy and agree to help her during the Pisces quest to secure your romantic future with her.
River Ward: The Extrajudicial Feelings
There’s usually no other interpretation for “f*ck the police,” but River Ward is an actual, unironic good cop, so that indignant phrase has a different meaning for him, assuming your character is a female V—he’s straight, alright?
You might find River as one of the most decent and most benevolent people in Night City, instantly making him stand out.
- Compatible with V having a female body.
- You’ll meet River during the side job “I Fought The Law,” accessible after reaching Street Cred Level 2 and completing the main story mission “Life During Wartime.”
- Follow River’s questline, including:
- The Hunt
- Following the River, and make sure to support him emotionally
- When given the chance during the last quest, “Following the River,” express your affection to enter into a relationship with him.
Kerry Eurodyne: The Rockstar
Kerry Eurodyne is supposedly in his senior years and has been in Night City far too long, but don’t let that discourage you from rocking this rockstar’s world. He’s the only celebrity in Night City you’ll get to have a sexual or romantic liaison with.
You might just be what this old and cranky rockstar needs to make his existence a lot less mundane and nihilistic. He’s supposedly bisexual and has an ex-wife, but Kerry apparently switched sides and prefers men now, so he’s only homosexual for the purposes of this game.
- Suitable for V with a masculine voice and body.
- Encounter Kerry Eurodyne through Johnny Silverhand’s side quests, specifically during “Holdin’ On.”
- Progress through other quests involving Kerry, such as:
- Second Conflict
- A Like Supreme
- Rebel! Rebel!
- Boat Drinks
- Seal the deal during “Boat Drinks” by showing interest and kissing him on the yacht, and choose to start a relationship back on the beach.
Secondary romantic encounters
These are also optional, while one of them is mandatory for the story, but your involvement in this romance is inconsequential. Think of them as flings or turbulent exes. They’re not as elaborate as the major Cyberpunk 2077 romance options, and they’re definitely not commitments.
Meredith Stout: The Corporate Temptress
Meredith Stout is a cutthroat corpo girl whom you may or may not have a fling depending on your choices for the mission we’ll detail below. She doesn’t care who or what you are and prefers to keep it that way, no catching feelings. It’s a one-time thing only.
- Available to any V, but your choices during the Maelstrom mission “The Pickup” determine the outcome.
- Make sure to meet Meredith before proceeding with the main mission, and follow her questline.
- If you kept her encrypted chip or made specific choices, she’ll invite you to the No-Tell Motel.
Alt Cunningham: The Digital Ghost
Technically, Alt Cunningham, the legendary hacker girl of Night City’s past, is not your lover. She’s Johnny Silverhand’s ex-lover, but they fell off, and their relationship concluded on a tragic note. Still, you’ll be forced to see their past and a rather steamy encounter between them since Johnny lives in your head and shares memories.
- Not a conventional romance option, but her involvement is crucial to the storyline.
- You’ll encounter Alt Cunningham during Johnny Silverhand’s memory flashbacks, which reveal the backstory of her relationship with Johnny.
Rogue Amendiares: The Old Flame
Speaking of Johnny Silverhand’s past, Rogue is another ex-lover who isn’t technically an option for you (V) but for Johnny Silverhand. In one of the optional quests, you can somewhat rekindle the two’s relationship with Johnny taking control of your body as V. It’s like watching your grandparents flirt with each other, and you can’t look away.
- While not a primary romance option, Rogue can rekindle her connection with Johnny through V.
- Initiate this subplot during the mission “Tapeworm,” when Johnny asks to visit Rogue through your body.
Joy-Toys: Quick Pleasures in Night City
If you’re only after the coitus and nothing else, then you’re better off seeking cheap thrills in places that offer them in spades, particularly in Jig-Jig Street. There, you’ll find a selection of Joy-Toys or cybernetic prostitutes for any sexual orientation.
Just pay them the fee and watch the whole deed unfold in the first person. No refunds.
- Available for any V, gender-neutral encounters.
- Joy-Toys are sex workers found in Jig-Jig Street in Westbrook.
- You can engage in paid sexual encounters with male and female Joy-Toys for fleeting moments of intimacy.
You can hardly call that “romance,” but you get what you pay for. It’s also worth noting that all these encounters don’t affect each other. Your V can have multiple relationships, and any of the major Cyberpunk 2077 romantic options won’t mind. That’s Night City for you.