One of the things Genshin Impact is known for is their integration of different cultures and real locations around the world into the world of Teyvat. In the nation of Sumeru, a region heavily inspired by Middle-Eastern culture, HoYoverse drew from a lot of its popular concepts to create their unique cast of characters. If you want a rich merchant that can grant the Traveler’s material wishes like a genie, look no further than Dori—the most resourceful merchant in all of Sumeru.
As a businesswoman, this 4-Star Electro support excels in giving customers and players alike with the best deals. In partnership with the Electro Jinni in her lamp, her services include providing electro damage, healing, and energy recharge for your teams. Don’t be fooled by her unassuming appearance, though. In a true reversal, the Jinni in the lamp is the powerful fighter while it’s the one holding the lamp that is granting the wishes.
For the right price, Dori can keep your team healthy and fully charged for any battle. This Dori Genshin Impact guide will let you in on all of Dori’s trade secrets.
The Best Artifacts for Dori
Dori is straightforward to build and does not really require specific 4-Piece artifacts to maximize the use of her abilities. This allows Dori to flexibly equip artifact sets that will suit her for all kinds of team compositions. Here are some of the artifact sets that she can use at her disposal.
The Noblesse Oblige set gives the wearer the following effects:
- 2-PC: Elemental Burst DMG +20%.
- 4-PC: Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack.
For support characters like Dori, who rely on using their Elemental Burst constantly, this is the best choice to not only buff the entire party but add some weight to their own personal damage as well. The additional ATK is sure to make your allies’ attack hit harder while Dori’s own Burst persists on the field.
Shock enemies with this artifact set’s bonuses:
- 2-Piece Set: Electro DMG +15%
- 4-Piece Set: Increases DMG caused by Overload, Electro-Charged, Superconduct and Hyperbloom by +40%. and the DMG bonus conferred by Aggravate is increased by 20%. When Quicken or the aforementioned Elemental Reactions are triggered, Elemental Skill CD is decreased by 1s. Can only occur once every 0.8s.
Thundering Fury is a good choice if your team has a lot of ways to trigger various elemental reactions. For Dori in particular, she gets a lot of benefits from this set when she’s in Hyperbloom teams. The added cooldown reduction is fantastic, as it’ll allow Dori to use her Skill often.
Artifact Stats to Prioritize
Contrary to her reputation of being quite wealthy, Dori is actually cheap to build, as players wouldn’t need to spend a ton of resources on rolling the perfect artifacts for her. You just need the following stats to maximize her supportive capabilities.
- HP% (Sands or All Main-stats)
- Energy Recharge (Substats)
- Elemental Mastery (Sands or All Main-stats)
- Healing Bonus (Circlet/Optional)
- Electro DMG Bonus/ATK% (Substats/Optional)
Dori wants to have HP% and Energy Recharge for her artifacts’ main stats. Most of her utility comes from the use of her Elemental Burst, which is mostly used for healing. Since all of her healing scales from her maximum HP, having a lot of HP translates to fatter heals. It’s easy to get a lot of HP with Dori due to her having one of the highest Base HP for a 4-Star character, not to mention that she has an HP% ascension substat too. Having a lot of Energy Recharge also ensures that you’ll constantly have her Burst on the field at all times.
Elemental Mastery makes her elemental reaction’s damage greater but be advised that her Burst Electro application is rather slow. Healing Bonus is an optional choice for her circlet to improve the amount of healing she does during her Burst’s duration. ATK% and Electro DMG Bonus should only be prioritized if you’re building her purely offensively.
Best Weapons for Dori
In lore, Dori could easily afford these 5-star weapons with her wealth. If you’ve got some premium claymores lying around in your inventory, here are the ones that’s worth using on Lord Sangemah Bay.
- Skyward Pride (Energy Recharge) – Increases all DMG by 8%. After using an Elemental Burst, Normal or Charged Attack, on hit, creates a vacuum blade that does 80% of ATK as DMG to opponents along its path. Lasts for 20s or 8 vacuum blades.
What Dori needs the most (outside of Mora) is a lot of energy regeneration. This makes your choices fairly simple as you would want to equip her with weapons that solve that while also boosting your damage output’s potential. With that said, Skyward Pride comes first on this list for its high Energy Recharge, high base damage, and a passive that is useful enough for a sub-DPS. The best part of this deal is that Skyward Pride is not a limited-time weapon and thus can be obtained at any time from the Standard Wish banner.
- Beacon of the Reed Sea (CRIT Rate) – After the character’s Elemental Skill hits an opponent, their ATK will be increased by 20% for 8s. After the character takes DMG, their ATK will be increased by 20% for 8s. The 2 aforementioned effects can be triggered even when the character is not on the field. Additionally, when not protected by a shield, the character’s Max HP will be increased by 32%.
It sounds crazy to use a crit weapon on a character that has no use for crit, but the Beacon of the Reed Sea is too good of a stat stick to pass up on Dori. There’s also the additional 32% Max HP that will be a significant spike in Dori’s healing, especially upon higher constellations. The CRIT Rate and bonus ATK% are simply a neat bonus to have on top of it.
For a merchant who is known for her expensive wares, her best weapons are surprisingly budget-friendly.
- Favonius Greatsword (Energy Recharge) – CRIT hits have a 60~100% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12~6s.
Much like her merchandise, Dori sports an expensive energy cost for her Elemental Burst, so she’ll want a weapon that fixes her energy requirements. The Favonius Greatsword is easily one of her best-in-slot budget weapons as it scales with Energy Recharge, and its ability generates extra energy particles that goes a long way in keeping her and her allies’ Bursts charged and ready to go.
- Katsuragikiri Nagamasa (Energy Recharge) – Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 6%. After Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the character loses 3 Energy but regenerates 3 Energy every 2s for the next 6s. This effect can occur once every 10s. Can be triggered even when the character is not on the field.
The Katsuragikiri Nagamas is one of the craftable weapons made available to players upon reaching Inazuma. Much like the Favonius Greatsword, it keeps Dori’s burst charged up as soon as possible with its effects while increasing Elemental Skill damage potential.
- The Bell (HP%) – Taking DMG generates a shield, which absorbs DMG up to 20% of max HP. This shield lasts for 10s or until broken, and can only be triggered once every 45s. While protected by a shield, the character gains 12% increased DMG.
The Bell is a useful stat stick that players can use to give Dori more HP if her artifacts already give her enough Energy Recharge. Its special effect also makes it a good choice to make her more durable and be able to survive more enemy hits.
- Sacrificial Greatsword (Energy Recharge) – After dealing damage to an opponent with an Elemental Skill, the skill has a 40% chance to end its own CD. Can only occur once every 30s.
One of Dori’s passive skills allows her Elemental Skill to regenerate a number of energy particles every time it hits an enemy. Sacrificial Greatsword’s ability can refresh her Elemental Skill upon cast and can potentially regenerate twice as much Energy.
Skill Priorities for Dori
Maximize her skills in this order for building and utility efficiency:
- Alcazarzaray’s Exactitude (Elemental Burst) – Dori Summons forth the Jinni within the lamp to give all your teammates a plethora of services, such as a steady source of Healing and Energy regeneration every 2 seconds when they are connected. Dori’s C4 will give you even more additional buffs of Bonus Healing and Energy Recharge but terms and conditions may apply. The line between the Jinni and the character deals Electro damage to enemies every 0.4 seconds but only applies Electro every 2 seconds.
- Spirit-Warding Lamp: Troubleshooter Cannon (Elemental Skill) – Dori literally turns her Jinni lamp into a grenade launcher, launching a plasma ball dealing Electro DMG to the first target hit, then it will split into two homing Electro projectiles, dealing more damage. Her C1 makes it into three homing projectiles. When Dori’s passive is activated, this skill regenerates 5 Energy (Maximum of 15 Energy per cast) for every 100% of Energy recharge she has every time an enemy is hit with the homing projectiles.
- Marvelous Sword-Dance (Modified) (Normal Attack) – As a businesswoman, Dori will let her Jinni do the work for her as it will swing her blade, performing 3 basic attacks. When using Charge Attack, Dori will ride her along her spinning Jinni with the blade on its hand, dealing continuous damage. When C6, Dori’s Normal Attack will gain Electro Infusion for 3s after every cast of her Elemental Skill and will heal all party members for 4% of her max HP every attack.
When using her Burst, your active character will be affected by Electro that can enable reactions. Her Burst can snapshot any buffs that Dori may have while she’s casting her Burst, which it retains through its entire duration. Allies connected to her Jinni can also reduce Dori’s Burst cooldown upon triggering Electro based elemental reactions. This passive effect becomes even more effective during Co-Op sessions as it can create up to a maximum of 4 connector lines which deal it’s own separate damage and healing.
Dori Team Comp
Dori is an off-field healer and battery support that is perfect for hyper-carries that have high Elemental Burst costs and require a lot of floor time. Her Electro element also allows her to be used in many kinds of reaction-based team comps, such as Superconduct Teams, Taser Teams, and Hyperbloom Teams.
Below is the list of characters Dori can synergize very well:
- Jean (Core character for the Electro-Sunfire team comp)
- Eula (Dori will keep her Burst uptime and amplify it with superconduct)
- Beidou (Pairs well with Dori as another Electro Sub-DPS)
- Cyno (Electro-Hyper Carry that will own the floor time with Dori’s constant Energy regeneration)
- Kaveh (Dori’s best Dendro burst partner for Aggravate or Hyperbloom teams)
- Yelan (One of the best Hydro character for Taser and Hyperbloom teams)
- Nahida (A consistent Dendro applier for Aggravate and Hyperbloom teams)
- Sucrose (Can provide crowd control to keep enemies within the range of Dori’s Burst)
Dori knows how to turn even the most minimal of investments into profit by being able to contribute in any team composition that includes her. Whether it’s through healing her allies, electrifying her enemies, or providing a surplus of energy, Dori has got it all for you.