There will come a time in Elden Ring when you wish you had a sanctuary to call home so your poor zombie character won’t sleep on the cold and unforgiving ground. Thankfully, the game won’t be too cruel for too long and will teach you how to get to Roundtable Hold.
Getting there is simple enough, though you might prolong your suffering and wander around aimlessly until you’ve learned how to get to Roundtable Hold with our help. Roundtable Hold’s status as the primary hub might be subject to change upon the arrival of the Elden Ring DLC.
Unlocking Roundtable Hold: Your Gateway to Adventure
Roundtable Hold isn’t just another locale in Elden Ring; it’s an essential hub where you can enhance your character’s capabilities. You can unlock this hidden gem early in your playthrough, possibly within the first hour if you’re determined. Let’s delve into the steps and strategies for accessing this coveted location.
Method 1: A Meeting with Melina Before the Margit Boss Fight
One way to reach Roundtable Hold is to follow the Guidance of Grace (either on the map or by checking those golden threads) and make your way to Stormveil Castle in northwestern Limgrave. This journey might lead you to the castle’s entrance, where you’ll come face-to-face with the first major boss in the game, Margit.
Just outside of the boss arena, there’s a Site of Grace, and if you rest there before the fight with Margit (before entering the gate at the end of the tunnel), Melina will talk to you and offer to whisk you away to the Roundtable Hold for a quick detour. If she doesn’t appear, then you will have to fight Margit.
Defeat Margit and demonstrate your prowess, then rest at the next Site of Grace. It’s at this point that you’ll encounter Melina, your guiding patron. She’ll offer you passage to Roundtable Hold, and you should readily accept it. From this point on, you’ll have the freedom to move between Roundtable Hold and The Lands Between whenever you desire.
Method 2: Rest at any Site of Grace Outside Limgrave
If you find yourself wandering outside Limgrave or are accidentally transported away (which happens way too often in Elden Ring), you can still gain access to Roundtable Hold. All you need to do is rest at a Site of Grace in your immediate area. Melina, your mysterious guide, will appear and reveal that she has been testing your abilities and you’ve proven yourself worthy.
You can even put off fighting Margit or any other boss this way.
With newfound confidence in your capabilities, Melina will offer to ferry you to Roundtable Hold. Seize this opportunity, and you’ll gain the ability to travel to Roundtable Hold at your convenience.
Fast Travel to Roundtable Hold: Your Portal to Power
Once you’ve unlocked Roundtable Hold, it becomes accessible solely through fast travel. On your map, you’ll find Roundtable Hold marked as the “Table of Lost Grace” shrine in the bottom-left corner.
As long as you’re not actively clearing a dungeon or engaged in combat, you can fast travel to and from this area at any time, streamlining your journey in the Lands Between.
Exploring Roundtable Hold: A Sanctuary of Opportunities
Now that you’ve reached Roundtable Hold, you might be wondering what this hub offers. Here’s a quick rundown of the key NPCs that make it worth unlocking early in your Elden Ring adventure:
The Main Hub
The main area of Roundtable Hold, where a round table and a warm fireplace set the stage, is where you’ll find some of the most important NPCs:
- Corhyn: A monk of the Golden Order who specializes in teaching Incantation spells. As you progress through the game, he embarks on a journey to Altus Plateau, a quest tied to unlocking the Age of Order secret ending.
- Diallos: A fighter standing next to or near Corhyn who will introduce you to a servant named Lanya. You’ll encounter Diallos again in Liurnia of the Lakes and Volcano Manor in a rather interesting questline.
- D, Hunter of the Dead: You can meet D before going into Roundtable Hold as you head towards Summonwater Village in the northeastern part of Limgrave. After a conversation, he’ll go to Roundtable Hold, and he’ll introduce you to Gurranq, an NPC willing to exchange Deathroot items.
Chamber of the Two Fingers
The Chamber of the Two Fingers, near the central area of Roundtable Hold, holds its own secrets. You can access this room only after defeating your first demigod boss (Renala, Radahn, Godrick, etc.). Inside, you can talk with the Two Fingers, though it’s an uneventful conversation.
The more important NPC in this area is Finger Reader Enia.
- Finger Reader Enia: This fascinating character not only sells regular items like Stonesword Keys, Memory Stones, and Rune Arcs but also offers the armor pieces of certain bosses you’ve defeated. Additionally, certain bosses grant Remembrances, which can be exchanged for various rewards. Her items are powerful.
On the balcony of Roundtable Hold, you’ll meet two distinct magically-inclined NPCs:
- Sorcerer Rogier: A sorcerer who imparts knowledge of Ashes of War weapon skills. He begins his journey in Stormveil Castle but eventually relocates to the balcony of Roundtable Hold. After defeating Godrick the Grafted, he’ll reward you with Rogier’s Rapier +8, and he might eventually disappear depending on certain side quests you’ve triggered.
- Mad Tongue Alberich: This uninvited guest will invade you and fight you just below the balcony. Tough battle for low-level players.
In the west hallway, located to your left when facing the fireplace, you’ll encounter several intriguing NPCs:
- Ensha: This edgy NPC has one of the most grim-looking armor sets in the game, and it also provides regeneration.
- Gideon Ofnir: Gideon, located in the room guarded by Ensha, offers insights into the demigods and champions you’ll encounter in the campaign. He also has a lengthy quest chain.
- Nepheli Loux: After beating Godrick in Stormveil Castle, you’ll find Nepheli Loux in this hallway. You can also meet Nepheli just before the Godrick boss fight. There’s also a rather significant quest chain related to her.
- Twin Maiden Husks: Beyond Nepheli Loux’s spot, you’ll discover the Twin Maiden Husks. While seemingly lifeless, they sell various items. More importantly, they can sell the items of dead merchants.
- Dung Eater: This eccentric NPC, with a penchant for discussions about death and decay, will lead you on a quest to seek Seedbed Curse items, eventually unlocking the Despair secret ending. His spot only opens up after you reach the Altus Plateau.
In the east hallway, you’ll encounter a diverse group of NPCs with different general adventuring purposes:
- Fia: Within a room with a bed, Fia awaits, offering hugs that grant Baldachin’s Blessing. Fia is involved in a quest leading to the Age of the Duskborn secret ending. Although accepting her hug initially incurs an HP debuff, using Baldachin’s Blessing item later will increase your poise.
- Smithing Master Hewg: This NPC in the east hallway is your go-to for weapon upgrades. You’ll be interacting with him the most, usually.
- Roderika: Initially located at the hut in Stormhill Shack in Limgrave, Roderika eventually arrives at Roundtable Hold. She’s instrumental in upgrading Spirit Ash Summons, which are practically the game’s easy mode.
As you continue your journey in Elden Ring, these NPCs will become valuable allies, offering quests, upgrades, and intriguing insights into the game’s lore. Make sure to revisit Roundtable Hold as your adventures progress, whether with friends or by yourself, as new rooms and characters may open up, unveiling even more secrets and opportunities in this captivating hub.