Honkai: Star Rail (HSR) plops players in a world where gods embody concepts and philosophies as well as grant those who embody their ideals with powers. All of the characters in HSR that you can play follow a Path, but few of these Paths are as well-suited to a DPS as the Destruction, a flexible all-around damage class that deals both AoE and single-target damage.
What Is the Destruction Path in Honkai: Star Rail?
The Path of The Destruction is one of seven Paths that characters in HSR follow. The Destruction is governed by the Aeon Nanook, who is considered to be an antagonist of the game due to the concept he embodies: that all life is destined for doom. Nanook is the god of entropy and his followers, the Antimatter Legion and the Annihilation Gang, seek to hasten the end of the universe.
Lore aside, the playable Path of The Destruction features DPS characters that are capable of both AoE and single-target damage, providing flexibility at the cost of specialization. This is in contrast to The Hunt which is extremely good at single-target DPS and The Erudition which is optimized for AoE damage.
Destruction Light Cones
There are currently 10 available Light Cones that you can use with your Destruction characters.
5-Star Destruction Light Cones
- On the Fall of an Aeon: Whenever the wearer attacks, their ATK is increased by 8~16% in this battle, up to 4 time(s). When the wearer inflicts Weakness Break on enemies, the wearer’s DMG increases by 12~24% for 2 turn(s).
- Something Irreplaceable: Increases the wearer’s ATK by 24~40%. When the wearer defeats an enemy or is hit, immediately restores HP equal to 8~12% of the wearer’s ATK. At the same time, the wearer’s DMG increases by 24~40% until the end of their next turn. This effect cannot stack and can only trigger 1 time per turn.
4-Star Destruction Light Cones
- A Secret Vow: Increases DMG dealt by the wearer by 20~40%. The wearer also deals an extra 20~40% of DMG to enemies with a higher HP percentage than the wearer.
- Nowhere to Run: Increases the wearer’s ATK by 24~48%. Whenever the wearer defeats an enemy, they restore HP equal to 12~24% of their ATK.
- The Moles Welcome You: When the wearer uses Basic ATK, Skill, or Ultimate to attack enemies, the wearer gains one stack of Mischievous. Each stack increases the wearer’s ATK by 12~24%.
- Under the Blue Sky: Increases the wearer’s ATK by 32~?%. When the wearer defeats an enemy, the wearer’s CRIT Rate increases by 24~?% for 3 turn(s).
- Woof! Walk Time!: Increases the wearer’s ATK by 10~20%, and increases their DMG to enemies afflicted with Burn or Bleed by 16~32%. This also applies to DoT.
3-Star Destruction Light Cones
- Collapsing Sky: Increases the wearer’s Basic ATK and Skill DMG by 20~40%.
- Mutual Demise: If the wearer’s current HP is lower than 80%, CRIT Rate increases by 12~24%.
- Shattered Home: Deals 20~40% increased DMG to any enemies whose HP is above 50%.
Destruction Path Characters in Honkai: Star Rail
1. Arlan (Lightning, 4-star)
Arlan is the head of the security department at the Herta Space Station who also happens to be the designated caregiver of Peppy, Asta’s dog. Arlan scales with HP and deals Lightning damage to enemies in proportion to his base HP stat. Arlan is capable of self-healing via one of his Traces, Revival, which lets him heal from defeating an enemy as long as certain conditions are met.
2. Clara (Physical, 5-star)
Clara and Mr. Svarog make a good team which is how her kit manages to dish damage while being rewarded for taking it. Clara gets debuff cleanses from being attacked and can launch counter-offensives even if it’s not her turn.
3. Hook (Fire, 4-star)
Hook is a powerful budget DPS whose kit rewards her with Energy restoration and additional damage as long as she keeps attacking enemies affected by the Burn effect. It’s really easy to stack damage effects with Hook, making her a fantastic DPS.
4. The Trailblazer (Physical, 5-star)
The first version of the Trailblazer that we get at the start of the game is a straightforward and easy-to-play The Destruction character. The Trailblazer’s Eidolons for The Destruction can be upgraded using Shadows of Destruction.