The first big hurdle that players will face would be killing all three Goblin Leaders in Baldur’s Gate 3. This unlikely alliance of a Hobgoblin, a Goblin, and a Drow is a force to be reckoned with. If you want to commit to a “good” or heroic playthrough, you have to kill all the Goblin Leaders in Baldur’s Gate 3.
That’s easier said than done. Luckily, even Baldur’s Gate 3’s developers seem to encourage some underhanded and even cheese strategies in their game. If you want a relatively easier way to kill all the Goblin leaders, then we have a guide for each one of them.
There are three of them, and we recommend killing them in this order for ease:
- True Soul Gut
- Dror Ragzlin
And as far as ‘ease’ is concerned, it goes without saying– don’t start a fight when entering the Goblin Camp. Just talk your way in. They’re surprisingly reasonable folk.
How to kill Priestess Gut
By far the easiest out of all the three Goblin Leaders in Baldur’s Gate 3, there are even scenarios when True Soul Gut or Priestess Gut won’t be able to dent your armor.
Once you’ve talked your way into the Goblin Camp, just walk to Priestess Gut’s mini throne and talk to her.
It doesn’t matter whether you accept the brand or not; what matters is that you tell her about the parasite.
- Accept the brand or not; it doesn’t matter.
- Tell Priestess Gut about the parasite. Ask her to remove it.
- Let her lead you to an empty room.
- Talk to her and drink the potion she’ll give.
- You need the potion to take effect so you can fall unconscious, so if the drinker is a Paladin, the potion won’t work. Swap out to another class or character that isn’t a Paladin.
- Priestess Gut will interrogate you; don’t break out of the chains. It’s important to stay chained.
- Korilla will appear and kill Priestess Gut while freeing you.
- This method won’t alert the entire Goblin Camp.
Basically, just get imprisoned and don’t resist or try to escape. A ‘friend’ in a high place will look after you and ensure that Priestess Gut gets gutted.
How to kill Minthara
The fight with Minthara is fairly difficult since she’s a Paladin who will constantly spam the Hold Person spell on your characters. She also has a lot of minions.
However, the ‘arena’ in which you fight her has a lot of environmental hazards that you can use creatively to your advantage, namely this bridge across the chasm. Hence, we don’t recommend fighting.
We’re assuming the Goblin Camp is still friendly to you and that you didn’t start any trouble after secretly killing Priestess Gut. You’ll find Minthara to the north-northeast of the Goblin Camp.
- Quick save first.
- Talk to Minthara and tell her the location of the Emerald Grove. Don’t resist. Accept her visions and feign your fanaticism to the Absolute.
- She’ll walk away from her table.
- Wait for her to arrive on the bridge.
- Turn on turn-based mode.
- Shoot the bridge support while she’s on top of the bridge.
- Minthara will fall down the chasm.
- The guards will try to arrest you, but you can talk your way out of it.
- This method will not alert the whole Goblin Camp if you manage to talk your way out.
This method is hilariously effective, though if you’re a Paladin, you might break some Oaths if you feign siding with Minthara to get her to cross the bridge.
Moreover, her corpse won’t be accessible, and you’ll miss out on her fancy armor as well as a live Illithid Tadpole (for leveling up Illithid powers), but you’ll find plenty more of those anyway.
How to kill Dror Ragzlin
Dror Ragzlin is the toughest boss in the Goblin Camp since his location is the most advantageous, but even the most imposing of throne rooms have a weakness.
Next to Dror Ragzlin’s throne is a hazardous chasm that he didn’t patch up. All you need are two Invisibility Potions and a character with high Strength (Karlach or Lae’zel).
- Quick save.
- Buy two Invisibility Potions. You can buy them from Auntie Ethel from Emerald Grove, Derryth Bonecloak at the Myconid Village in the Underdark, and Brem at the Zhentarim Hideout.
- One Invisibility Potion is actually enough, but you need to be prepared for a fight against several weak Goblins afterward.
- Ungroup your party before entering Dror Ragzlin’s throne room.
- Give the Invisibility Potion to a character with high Strength and make them drink it.
- While they’re invisible, walk up next to Dror Ragzlin’s right side.
- Shove Dror Ragzlin in the direction of the chasm.
- The Invisibility Potion’s effects will fade, so drink another one and escape (or prepare for a fight).
- This method will alert the entire Goblin Camp, so make sure to save it for last.
Alternatively, you can also talk to Dror Ragzlin, let the ritual proceed, don’t let it boil to a fight, and then wait for him to sit on his throne. Afterward, you can still shove him to the chasm and then drink your Invisibility Potion to escape or just fight the whole Goblin Camp.
Like the easy way to kill Minthara, you’ll also deny yourself a juicy and squirming Illithid Tadpole, but you’ll find more later.
Above all else, just remember to save before your improvised ‘assassination’ attempts.