When it comes to loyalty and devotion, no other character in Genshin Impact comes close to the General of the Tenryou Commission, Kujou Sara. Like the thunder that surely comes after lightning, Kujou Sara echoes the will of the Electro Archon, the Raiden Shogun, and leads her army with utmost diligence and decisiveness. Supporting her men with both tactical strategies and cover from the backlines, she’s a general that you would not want to mess with.
Kujou Sara’s role as a General translates perfectly in the game with a play style that focuses on supporting her allies on the field with big buffs and occasionally dealing big bursts of damage in a small time frame. Her quick swap playstyle lays out the floor plan that enables her damage carries and leads them to a swift victory.
Perhaps it’s Kujou’s devotion to the Electro Archon that makes her one of the best supports for Electro characters or just a great support in general. Let us show you the ways of a great Tengu warrior with this Kujou Sara Genshin Impact guide.
Best Artifact Set for Kujou Sara
Kujou Sara is a sub-DPS support character who prioritizes empowering her teammates with either her Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst while on the field before switching out to let her allies storm the fight. In order to utilize her supporting capabilities to its fullest capacity, using an artifact set that maximizes either her Skill and Burst effects or its uptime will be optimal.
Emblem of Severed Fate
Emblem of Severed Fate grants the following effects:
- 2-PC: Energy Recharge +20%.
- 4-PC: Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum of 75% bonus DMG can be obtained in this way.
The best and most obvious choice for her artifact set would be the Emblem of Severed Fate set, obtainable from the Momiji-Dyed Court domain at Yashiori Island. Kujou Sara is actually one of the few characters with a high Energy Cost for her burst, so the set is truly perfect for her as she wants to cast her Elemental Burst as much as possible. Not only does it give you a better uptime on her burst, but it also improves its personal damage, which is a plus for support characters to be able to contribute decent chip damage.
Noblesse Oblige grants the following effects:
- 2-Piece: Elemental Burst DMG +20%.
- 4-Piece: Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack.
Noblesse Oblige is a great substitute for newcomers who cannot access the Momiji-Dyed Court domain for some time. The full set is synergistic with Kujou Sara’s Elemental Burst, doubling down on the ATK buffs to improve the team’s overall damage potential. Players can also consider using the 2-piece set with a pair of Thundering Fury artifacts which will give her an additional 15% Electro Bonus DMG.
Stats to Prioritize for Kujou Sara
This general would ‘generally’ want the following stats on her artifacts in this order:
- Electro DMG Bonus (Goblet)
- CRIT Rate / CRIT DMG (Circlet and substats)
- Energy Recharge (Sands and substats)
- ATK% (Substats)
She may be a sub-DPS buffer, but it does not take away the fact that Kujou Sara can shockingly deal massive damage numbers with the proper stats. It’s good to keep a minimum of 50% CRIT Rate and at least a 1:2 ratio on her CRIT stats.
For someone that would like to use her Burst often, Kujou Sara comes with an expensive Burst, which costs 80 energy per cast (only topped by Raiden Shogun and Yae Miko with 90). Energy Recharge is clearly a must-have. If you’re using a full set of Emblem of Severed Fate, reaching at least 200% Energy Recharge is highly recommended, as that would give you a fast recharge on her Burst, along with a 50% damage bonus on top of it.
While getting ATK% is great to have in your substats, you don’t have to equip her with an ATK% artifact, especially if you only care about maximizing her buffs. Kujou Sara’s Skill scales off of her Base ATK and not her total ATK. It only accounts for her personal Base ATK stat and her weapons. By equipping her with a weapon that has a high base ATK, you’re technically getting the maximum buff capacity that she can offer.
Best Weapons for Kujou Sara
Kujou Sara does not demand a lot out of her weapons. As long as it has a high Base ATK, she’s good to go. Although she’s been canonically depicted with the Hamayumi in official trailers, it is surprisingly not that great on her due to its low Base ATK. If you’re looking to give her some high-end bows, here’s what we’d suggest:
- Skyward Harp (CRIT Rate) – Increases CRIT DMG by 20%. Hits have a 60% chance to inflict a small AoE attack, dealing 125% Physical ATK DMG. Can only occur once every 4s.
The Skyward Harp gives Kujou Sara everything she needs to succeed. It is currently the Bow with the highest Base ATK, a pretty desirable CRIT Rate scaling as its secondary stat. As a bonus, it also gives you an additional 20% CRIT DMG from its passive, helping you reach all your stat quotas easier. While Skyward Harp’s passive doesn’t do much due to her playstyle not even requiring her to hit the enemy with her attacks, it doesn’t negate the fact that it is the weapon where you’ll get the biggest buff.
- Elegy for the End (Energy Recharge) – Increased Elemental Mastery by 60. Gain sigils when dealing damage with Elemental Skill or Burst every .2s, even when off-field. At 4 sigils, all sigils will be consumed and Elemental Mastery is increased by 100 and ATK increased by 20% for 12s. Once the effect is triggered, you cannot gain Sigils for 20s. The same buffs from the Millennial Movement series do not stack.
Elegy for the End comes at a close second, with it having the standard 5-star base ATK of 608 and Energy Recharge as its secondary stat. Considering Kujou Sara’s on and off-field playstyle, you can easily trigger its special effect in a few rotations, giving your team an overall higher damage output boost.
Since not everyone has the luxury and luck to get a 5-Star weapon, we will have to settle with our best alternatives. Listed below are the top F2P-friendly bows that have the highest base ATK in the game.
- Mouun’s Moon (ATK) – For every point of the entire party’s combined maximum Energy capacity, the Elemental Burst DMG of the character equipping this weapon is increased by 0.12%. A maximum of 40% increased Elemental Burst DMG can be achieved this way.
Mourn’s Moon is usually the best weapon to use with a 4-Piece Emblem of Severed Fate set. It further intensifies her Burst Damage and can compensate for the sacrificed ATK% that prioritizing Energy Recharge in the artifacts would cost.
- Alley Hunter (ATK) – While the character equipped with this weapon is in the party but not on the field, their DMG increases by 2% every second up to a max of 20%. When the character is on the field for more than 4s, the aforementioned DMG buff decreases by 4% per second until it reaches 0%.
Like a real General supporting from the backlines, Kujou Sara does not take the spotlight too much in combat. Alley Hunter is one of the best for her quick swapping playstyle, as it more or less guarantees that she’ll get the maximum bonus buff to her abilities even with the little screen time that she gets. It’s comparable to Mooun’s Moon due to their similar stats.
- Blackcliff Warbow (CRIT DMG) – After defeating an enemy, ATK is increased by 12% for 30s. This effect has a maximum of 3 stacks, and the duration of each stack is independent of the others.
Blackcliff Warbow is also a decent option, It is a good stat stick for building up her damage while giving the maximum Base ATK a 4-star weapon could give. Obtaining it requires less luck, as you can purchase it in the Starglitter Exchange.
- Fading Twilight – Has three states, Evengleam, Afterglow, and Dawnblaze, which increase DMG dealt by 6%/10%/14% respectively. When attacks hit opponents, this weapon will switch to the next state. This weapon can change states once every 7s. The character equipping this weapon can still trigger the state switch while not on the field.
For players that managed to snag this free weapon during the Perilous Trail event, Fading Twilight is an excellent choice for Kujou Sara. It has a high base ATK and gives a decent amount of Energy Recharge, which she does enjoy having.
Kujou Sara Talent Priorities
Max her abilities in this order below for better efficiency:
- Tengu Stormcall (Elemental Skill) – Casting this skill makes Kujou Sara retreat, teleporting a few steps behind and gain the Crowfeather Cover effect. Firing a fully Aimed Shot during its duration will drop a Crowfeather at the shot’s location. This will erupt in short while, triggering Tengu Juurai which deals Electro DMG to enemies and grants any active character within its AoE an ATK Bonus based on Kujou Sara’s Base ATK.
- Subjugation: Koukou Sendou (Elemental Burst) – Kujou Sara casts down a huge lightning, dealing AoE Electro DMG. Afterwards, smaller lightning spreads out into 4 consecutive bouts of Tengu Juurai, and deals another more Electro DMG. This Tengu Juurai will provide the same buff your skill does to the active character and active characters hit in the field. This ATK bonus does not stack and their effects and duration will be determined by the last instance of Tengu Juurai.
- Sharpshooter (Normal Attack) – Kujou Sara fires 5 consecutive shots with her bow (normal). She can also perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased damage. A fully charged arrow will deal Electro DMG (charged). When in the Crowfeather Cover state, a fully-charged arrow will leave a Crowfeather behind after it hits.
Kujou Sara’s most effective talent is her Elemental Skill, as it is the main source of the buff and is what you’d want to be maxed out first, as the buff her burst provides scales from her Skill. Proper usage of her skill is what her kit hinges upon. Firing her skill does not require players to hit their target for it to take effect, and that is why some have called her the ‘Floor Sniper.’
Kujou Sara Team Comp
Kujou Sara’s playstyle really isn’t that complicated or mechanically demanding. She can be played as a quick swap character that focuses on supporting her main DPS with hefty ATK buffs that most teams enjoy in general. A special mention must be made to her 6th Constellation as that turns her into the ultimate support for any Electro characters and makes her really viable in an Electro-driven team.
Below is the list of characters that Kujou Sara synergizes well with:
- Raiden Shogun: Keeps everyone’s burst fully charged while increasing the Raiden Shogun’s already big burst damage.
- Keqing: Electro main DPS that Kujou Sara can boost the damage output.
- Yae Miko: Boosts consistent Electro damage and Electro Energy Particles
- Bennett: Further strengthening each other’s ATK buff and can heal.
- Nahida: Can consistently cause Aggravate and Quicken reactions.
- Collei: Budget friendly Dendro applier that increases Kujou Sara’s Burst via Dendro reactions
- Kokomi: Massive heals and can generate consistent Elemental Reactions
- Lisa: Boosts Lisa’s overall damage output and generates Electro particles
- Barbara: Budget-friendly heals and Elemental Reactions.
While Kujou Sara can specialize in buffing Electro characters, it is worth mentioning that she can still be viable in parties without Electro characters as a standalone sub-DPS support. With the proper allocation of resources and building strategies, you can easily reach her full potential with small investments, strengthening your team with the power of lightning.