In this article:
- Sims 4 custom content sets have been lauded by fans for their creative concepts and quality that often rivals, and even surpasses, that of official content from Electronic Arts.
- This list features the best Sims 4 CC creators and their best packs.
- This guide will also show you how to install Sims 4 custom content sets and answer other questions you may have about CC’s safety and legality.
It’s not every day someone releases a Sims 4 custom content set, but when TS4 CC creators do, they usually tend to be stylish and high-quality. In fact, they’re so good that for most of Sims 4‘s life as a game, fans have snarkily compared fanmade content to official content, saying that the former looks more legit than Electronic Arts’ own stuff.
Felixandre and Harrie’s Sims 4 Build Mode CC Packs
Felixandre is undoubtedly one of the most recognizable CC creators in the Sims 4 community. If you’ve seen a cool historical-themed lot on YouTube made by a Simstuber, chances are they’re using custom content made by Felixandre.
Felixandre is a 33-year-old Sims 4 CC creator based in Germany. He quickly gained popularity as a custom content creator after releasing a few free sets back when the Sims 4 barely had any substantial build mode-oriented official packs.
What set him apart, though, was the quality and uniqueness of his CC. No one else was making CC of different architectural styles at the time, let alone doing them so well that they blended into the Sims 4 visual style called Maxis Match.
Recently, he’s been collaborating with another great creator who goes by Harrie. The two mix historical and cultural inspirations with modern designs to create unique Sims 4 custom content sets.
Here are some of Felixandre and Harrie’s best Sims 4 CC packs for the Build and Buy mode:
- Schwerin Castle and Petit Trianon Set: Released in September 2017, this is one of Felixandre’s earliest and best-known CC sets. The collection is split between Schwerin Castle Exterior Items and Petit Trianon Interior Items patterned after real-life castles of the same name.
- Colonial Set: The Colonial set is a tropical colonial aesthetic set that features 1700s to 1800s themed furniture with crisp, modern swatches. Think colonial Southeast Asia (Dutch Malaysia, French Vietnam, etc.) and that’s exactly what this set looks like.
- The Bafroom Set: Bathrooms are boring to build but Felixandre and Harrie’s Bafroom set makes them more fabulous. The Bafroom set is a brutalist/minimalist build mode set that brings lush plant walls and concrete bathtubs to your builds.
- The Kichen Set: Kitchen counters and appliances in the Sims 4 kinda suck. The Kichen set makes your kitchens better with counters that come with a wide variety of wood swatches and the most stylish dining table sets you’ll see in a video game.
These Sims 4 custom content sets are base game compatible.
Sentate’s Sims 4 Custom Content Sets
Sims 4 custom content sets for clothing aren’t really much to write home about. While cool, just about every creator makes these which kind of makes it seem less impressive. What is impressive though is that Sentate makes haute couture for the Sims 4.
Sentate takes this role very seriously, describing themselves as “a luxury virtual fashion house that seeks to bring high fashion to the world of The Sims.”
And you know what? Sentate is right. Their creations wouldn’t look out of place on a Gucci, Dior, or Mugler runway.
Recently, they’ve started to make Sims 4 custom content sets based on early 2000s fashion as a response to current style trends.
These are our favorite Sims 4 custom content sets from Sentate that are definitely worth downloading so you can make ultra-stylish sims:
- Haute Couture 1949: If you’re still obsessed with that Dior Peacock dress (it’s called Junon, by the way), this 40s to 50s-themed custom content set gives you access to some of the most iconic dresses of the era. Unfortunately, no Junon, but you do get the Dior Bar Jacket together with an exquisitely pleated skirt as well as Tiffany-inspired jewelry.
- Spring/Summer 2019: Think of Dolce & Gabbana’s Alta Moda (July 2019) but imagine what it would look like if were an RTW summer wear collection because that’s the vibe of Sentate’s Spring/Summer 2019.
- Autumn/Winter 2020: Digital Versace. That’s it, that’s the concept. This chich red, black, and bright violet collection is the high-fashion cold weather cousin of the Spring/Summer 2019 collection. Luxurious trench coats, mile-high boots, and big tote bags are the name of the game in this set.
Sentate’s most recent Sims 4 custom content set is the August 2022 Collection, a Sims 4 High School pack and early 2000s themed collection currently available on Patreon early access.
AHarris00Britney’s Sims 4 Custom Content Sets
Haute couture isn’t everybody’s taste so if you’d like your Sims to look more like regular everyday people, you might be interested in AHarris00Britney’s Sims 4 custom content sets based on 2018 to 2022 fashions. Basically, it’s crop tops and mom jeans galore for this creator, but we can’t think of a more flattering combo both IRL and in-game.
Sure, this can get a little samey sometimes, but all trends are like that. The good thing about these Sims 4 custom content sets is that there are so many color and pattern swatches that the same denim jacket on one male Sim won’t look the same as it does on another Sim.
Yup, you read that right, AHarris00Britney makes Sims 4 CC for male Sims that are actually good and stylish.
- Aharris x Ayoshi 2020: This summer RTW collection is completely base game compatible. Clothing pieces come with up to 25 solid color swatches and pattern versions. There are also 20 denim swatches available for both male and female Sims’ clothes.
- Ahariss x Ayoshi Kappa: The Kappa Sims 4 custom content set is a sorority-themed clothing set inspired by the Sims 4: Discover University expansion pack. It comes with cute Japanese school girl-style outfits and the most adorable cardigan and collared shirt combos that will make your Sim look like the campus mean girl.
- Ahariss x Ayoshi Paris: Coats and sweaters look weird in the Sims 4 base game. Aside from the odd texture, the designs are so out there they don’t look appropriate for daily wear. This Paris collection comes with tops and bottoms for male and female Sims as well as a really cool yet simple trench coat and sweater combo for your male Sim.
Grimcookies’ Sims 4 Custom Content Sets
Now you’d think that if a real luxury brand were to make a Sims 4 pack, they’d go to Electronic Arts. But it looks like Gucci has seen how that worked out for MAC so they’ve partnered up with Grimcookies instead.
Grimcookies has recently rebranded to “akalukery” but has continued to work with established real-world brands and businesses such as Farfetch, an e-commerce platform for luxury clothing items.
Aside from clothes, Grimcookies/Akalukery also makes Build and Buy Sims 4 custom content sets and Sims 4 hair and makeup.
Here are some of the best Grimcookies/Akalurkey Sims 4 CC packs:
- Grimcokkies x Gucci: OFF THE GRID: OFF THE GRID was Grimcookies’ first brand collaboration. The set is inspired by Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle and is geared towards showing off sustainable designs. It mostly consists of practical clothing items like a bucket hat, comfy sneakers, and totebags.
- Akalurkey x Farfetch: Sims 4 Madonna? Yes, please! This makeup set is packed with dramatic and colorful eye looks and matte lipsticks that wouldn’t be out of place in a Sephora ad. It also comes with 8 different beauty marks so you can give your Sim Marilyn Monroe’s beauty mark.
- Lazarus 3: Grimcookies’ Lazarus skin blends is easily one of the most popular Sims 4 custom content sets when it comes to skin CC. This skin blend set improves on the original Lazarus blend. This is a must-have. If you’ve never tried a skin blend before, you are missing out.
Peacemaker’s Sims 4 Build Mode CC Packs
Peacemaker may not be making as much CC for the Sims 4 as he used to, but his high-quality custom content and tasteful style choices have made him the household name for the Sims 4 CC community.
Peacemaker is best known for his wallpapers and flooring. He makes amazing patterned and minimalist wallpapers that don’t look too visually loud or flat and boring. His wooden floors also have a lot of swatch options to help you mix and match them with his other Sims 4 custom content sets and those made by other creators.
- Mid-Century Abode: This Sims 4 custom content set is a personal favorite of mine because of its timeless furniture pieces that seamlessly blend in with both 50s-themed and modern builds. The set comes with a modular bed and mattress combo with 27 fabric swatches to choose from.
- Oasis-Chic Living: Peacock rattan chair, anyone? The Oasis-Chic Living set is an 18-item outdoor living set with multiple rattan chairs and sofas, tropical fabric swatch throw pillows, and a one-of-a-kind tabletop firepit. It also comes with new potted plants for both indoor and outdoor builds.
- Province Kitchen: Ever dreamed of baking a pie in your cozy cottage in the French countryside? This CC set features beautiful wood and iron cabinets and counters as well as rustic barstools that would look great in a Glimmerbrook build.
- Futura Living: This CC set has it all. Furniture including paintings, lighting, and a fireplace and flooring and wallpaper. Futura Living’s bright colors may not be for everyone, but its retro-futuristic style doesn’t miss a beat. If you don’t want to download the whole set, the mirrors, fireplace, and paintings are the most easily adaptable ones.
Natalia Auditore’s Fantasy-Themed Sims 4 CC Sets
Fine, maybe this is cheating, but Natalia Auditore’s fantasy-themed custom content is too unique to miss out on. The CC creator is known for making pose sets, clothes, and hair CC inspired by popular video games and myths.
How Do I Install Sims 4 Custom Content?
Download custom content from its creator’s page. Open your downloads folder and cut/copy the custom content.
Open your Documents folder and click on the Electronic Arts folder. You’ll find the Sims 4 folder there. Inside the Sims 4 folder, look for the Mods folder.
Paste your custom content inside the Mods folder. If the CC comes in a zip file, make sure to uncompress it first.
We recommend categorizing your custom content to keep things organized. This also makes it easier to remove broken custom content when CC (inevitably) breaks because of a Sims 4 update.
Sims 4 Custom Content FAQs
Is custom content for Sims 4 legal?
Yes, Sims 4 custom content is legal and allowed under Sims 4 terms of service. What isn’t allowed is never releasing custom content for free and public use. While creators typically put up their CC for paid early access on Patreon, Electronic Arts has cracked down on creators who never release their CC for free use.
Do Sims 4 mods give your computer viruses?
Generally, no, however, some creators take you through shady sites to access their content. As a rule of thumb, stick to creators that use WeTransfer, The Sims Resource, and direct download to distribute their content.
What are the best mods for the Sims 4?
Many of the best Sims 4 mods are quality of life improvements such as MC Command Center and T.O.O.L. You can check out the best mods for the Sims 4 here. If it’s 18+ mods you’re after, we recommend Wicked Whims (a community classic), the Extreme Violence Mod, and Nisa’s Wicked Perversions.