The wonders of alchemy truly captivate the minds of the curious. In fact, there are a number of alchemists in Genshin Impact, particularly in Mondstadt, who are proficient in this field. Albedo often stays in Dragonspine, spending time on his research, painting whenever he has the time, and contemplating his purpose and the meaning of life.
Albedo is the Chief Alchemist and Captain of the Investigation Team of the Knights of Favonius. His 5-star character rarity befits his station and his genius in alchemy. Despite his looks, he is not a real human but a synthetic human created from chalk by one of the witches of the Hexenzirkel. With his Geo vision and sword at hand, nothing can stop the Chief Alchemist from pursuing his quest for knowledge and the meaning of this world.
Teyvat has its own laws, and it is often shrouded in mystery. Uncover the truth of this world with Albedo with the help of this Genshin Impact guide.
Best Artifact Set for Albedo
Albedo is a straightforward character to build. With his neutral Geo element, there are not many Elemental Reactions he can utilize besides Crystalize. However, Geo is best known for its raw damage and defensive capabilities.
Husk of Opulent Dreams
The Husk of Opulent Dreams set grants the following effects:
- 2-Piece Set: DEF +30%
- 4-Piece Set: A character equipped with this Artifact set will obtain the Curiosity effect in the following conditions: When on the field, the character gains 1 stack after hitting an opponent with a Geo attack, triggering a maximum of once every 0.3s. When off the field, the character gains 1 stack every 3s. Curiosity can stack up to 4 times, each providing 6% DEF and a 6% Geo DMG Bonus. When 6 seconds pass without gaining a Curiosity stack, 1 stack is lost.
Being a Geo character that scales with DEF, the Husk of Opulent Dreams quickly becomes the best artifact set for Albedo. The 4-piece effect of this artifact set caters to everything he needs, from DEF stats, Geo damage, and off-field damage activation, increasing his overall damage.
The Golden Troupe artifact set grants the following effects:
- 2-Piece Set: Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 20%.
- 4-Piece Set: Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 25%. Additionally, when not on the field, Elemental Skill DMG will be further increased by 25%. This effect will be cleared 2s after taking the field.
Golden Troupe is one of the newest artifact sets perfect for off-field DPS. Given that Albedo’s playstyle revolves around consistently dealing damage with his Elemental Skill, Golden Troupe is undoubtedly an excellent choice for an artifact as well.
Artifact Stats to Prioritize
As someone who was once created from dust, Albedo is naturally tougher than normal humans. This reflects on his in-game needs, so priotize his stats as follows:
- DEF% (Sands and substats)
- Geo DMG Bonus (Goblet)
- CRIT Rate/CRIT DMG (Circlet and substats)
- Energy Recharge (substats)
The core damage of Albedo scales from defense, so DEF sands are a must in any build. Geo DMG Bonus is mandatory as it amplifies his overall damage. While being off-field, that does not mean he can’t crit. Balance his CRIT Rate to CRIT DMG ratio by at least 1:2, and that will increase his DPS potential.
Since Albedo will be off-field most of the time, he will need more Energy Recharge to keep his Elemental Burst ready as much as possible for overall DPS. Although energy recharge through the substats should be enough.
Best Weapons for Albedo
Albedo is quite unique when it comes to weapon choices, as he has a dedicated 4-Star weapon. However, while there are no swords in the 5-Star pool that synergize with the DEF stat, given Albedo’s resourcefulness, he can still manage to utilize some of the premium weapons for their utility or stats.
- Cinnabar Spindle (DEF) – Elemental Skill DMG is increased by 40% of DEF. The effect will be triggered no more than once every 1.5s and will be cleared 0.1s after the Elemental Skill deals DMG.
Players might be wondering what this 4-Star weapon is doing here and how they can get it. Sadly, it was a Special Event weapon during the Shadows Amidst Snowstorm event back in November 2021, and there’s no way players can obtain this unless they participated in the event. This weapon is the best weapon any player could have on Albedo due to its high DEF stat and its effect that is tailored to his kit.
- Primordial Jade Cutter (CRIT Rate) – HP increased by 20%. Additionally, provides an ATK Bonus based on 1.2% of the wielder’s Max HP.
The Primordial Jade Cutter offers a good CRIT Rate stat stick to enhance Albedo’s DPS while making him a little bit more beefy with the extra health it gives. While players might think that ATK is completely useless, his Elemental Burst scales with ATK, unlike his Elemental Skill, which scales with DEF.
- Skyward Sword (Energy Recharge) – CRIT Rate increased by 4%. Gains Skypiercing Might upon using an Elemental Burst: Increases Movement SPD by 10%, increases ATK SPD by 10%, and Normal and Charged hits deal additional DMG equal to 20% of ATK. Skypiercing Might lasts for 12s.
Since players should be using Albedo’s Elemental Burst, the Skyward Sword provides him enough Energy Recharge to optimize his Burst uptime. Plus, the effects of this weapon give Albedo a little bit more edge for staying in the field after his Burst.
For Albedo, the 4-Star weapon’s assortment of utilities is what fits his researcher type of personality. Here are some of the best budget weapons he can use.
- Fleuve Cendre Ferryman (Energy Recharge) – Increases Elemental Skill CRIT Rate by 8%. Additionally, increases Energy Recharge by 16% for 5s after using an Elemental Skill.
Free-to-Play gamers’ best 4-Star weapon of choice will be Fleuve Cendre Ferryman if they do not have the Cinnabar Spindle or Festering Desire (which are both limited event weapons). This weapon can be easily acquired through fishing around Fontaine, making it easy to refine for free.
- Harbinger of Dawn (CRIT DMG) – When HP is above 90%, increase CRIT Rate by 14%.
For the best 3-Star weapon, the Harbinger of Dawn easily sits at the best spot, especially if players are still early in the game. Since Albedo wouldn’t be presenting himself on-field most of the time to take damage, it is easy to maintain this weapon’s full benefits. It is easily acquirable from wishes and rare chests in the overworld, making it easy to max its refinements.
- Wolf Fang (CRIT Rate) – DMG dealt by Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst is increased by 16%. When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, its CRIT Rate will be increased by 2%. When an Elemental Burst hits an opponent, its CRIT Rate will be increased by 2%. Both of these effects last 10s separately, have 4 max stacks and can be triggered once every 0.1s.
If players plan on spending a little bit for Battle Pass weapons, the Wolf Fang is enough to be on par with those limited event weapons. This weapon enhances overall Elemental Skill, Burst CRIT Rate, and damage.
Albedo’s Talent Priorities
The Chief Alchemist is known for his vast knowledge and intelligence in dealing with challenges. So much so that he came up with unique ways to deal with troublesome enemies with minimal effort required. Prioritize his stats in this order:
- Abiogenesis: Solar Isotoma (Elemental Skill) – This is what Albedo is known for and his bread-and-butter. He places down a flower-shaped device, dealing Geo DMG to surrounding enemies. Within its field of AoE, it will perform a coordinated attack every time players deal damage to enemies, dealing Geo damage. All of this damage scales with his DEF. When players step on this device, it will form a crystallized platform and lift players up enough to not get hit by melee attacks of monsters and enemies. It’s basically a mini elevator.
- Secret Art: Surprise Dispatch (Elemental Burst) – Albedo will command the earth, and Geo crystals will surge forth, dealing AoE Geo damage. If Albedo’s Elemental Skill is present during this cast, an additional 7 explosions will occur in an AoE, dealing Geo DMG.
- Favonius Bladework – Weiss (Normal Attack) – Albedo will perform 5 consecutive attacks with his sword, dealing Physical damage. When held for a Charged Attack, Albedo will consume a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 2 rapid sword strikes, dealing even more Physical damage.
Albedo has a passive talent that provides a partywide buff of Elemental Mastery every time he uses his Elemental Burst. However, it is advised that players always use Elemental Skill before Burst for optimal damage output.
Albedo Team Comp
His element and buffs are key to his versatility, meaning that pairing him with anyone will work. However, here are some notable characters he can do well with.
- Noelle (Geo Resonance. Shielder, Healer, and Geo DPS. Albedo can be the sub-DPS and battery)
- Gorou (The only support that boosts DEF, which Albedo scales with)
- Fishcl (Off-field Electro sub-DPS, great for Crystalize reactions)
- Kuki Shinobu (Off-field Electro applier and healer. Albedo’s Elemental Mastery boosts her elemental reactions)
- Sucrose (Anemo crowd-control for a more focused damage point for Albedo’s skill)
- Neuvillette (Hydro hypercarry that benefits from constant elemental reaction and Crystalize shields)
- Yoimiya (Pryo DPS that will benefit from Elemental Mastery bonuses and Crystalize shields)
- Diona (Cryo shielder and healer. She also buffs Elemental Mastery which)
Given his capability to consistently provide Geo energy particles, he is a crucial member of many full Geo teams and it does not stop there. Albedo is also a great choice for teams with a variety of elements to Crystalize, making him an omni-support at this point. With the proper knowledge and resource management, you can definitely synthesize Albedo into perfection.