Much like its real-world inspirations, the great deserts of Sumeru in Genshin Impact pose a great mystery laden with even greater danger. The fantastical nature of such places attracts people from all walks of life in Sumeru, such as treasure hunters, adventurers, or even researchers. With promises of riches and powerful ancient mysteries buried underneath its sands, not even a great scholar like Madam Faruzan could resist the desert’s allure.
Faruzan is from the Haravatat Darshan— a field of study that focuses on semiotics, and yet her interest and specialty involve ancient machinery and technology. This led to her many undertakings in the desert and her eventual captivity for over a century inside the ancient contraption she was solving. It is only upon gaining her freedom at last that she gets her Anemo vision. While some of Madam Faruzan’s points might have become outdated, her sharp wit shows exactly why she’s considered a legendary figure in the Akademiya.
Consider this Genshin Impact guide a crash course for everything you’ll need to know in building Madam Faruzan, from her best builds to her playstyles.
Best Artifact Set for Faruzan
Being stuck in an ancient contraption for over a century would be a devastating blow for any human. In order for her to avoid getting caught in such an ordeal again, equip Faruzan with some proper equipment that will aid in her explorations and research.
The Noblesse Oblige artifact set grants the following effects:
- 2-Piece Set: Elemental Burst DMG +20%.
- 4-Piece Set: Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack.
Faruzan’s support capabilities relies on her using her Burst as much as possible. Noblesse Oblige becomes one of her best artifact sets as it tacks on a big ATK% buff for her allies whenever she uses her Burst. It also increases her Elemental Burst damage, which can deal a good amount of damage due to its long duration on the field.
The Viridescent Venerer artifact set grants the following effects:
- 2-Piece Set: Anemo DMG Bonus +15%
- 4-Piece Set: Increases Swirl DMG by 60%. Decreases opponent’s Elemental RES to the element infused in the Swirl by 40% for 10s.
The Viridescent Venerer set is the tried and tested set for all Anemo characters. It grants Faruzan’s gales the ability to shred her enemies’ resistances, making them more vulnerable to damage and easier for the rest of her team to finish off.
Artifact Stats to Prioritize
They say you should never ask a lady about her age, but let’s just say that at her age, Faruzan needs a little more help to keep up with these young researchers. Aim to get the following stats on her artifacts for best results.
- Energy Recharge (Sands or substats)
- CRIT Rate/CRIT DMG (Circlet and substats)
- ATK%/Anemo DMG Bonus (Goblet or substats)
- Elemental Mastery (substats)
Energy Recharge is a must for Burst-centric support characters like Faruzan, especially when her energy cost is quite high. If you’re looking to develop her as a sub-DPS, know that Faruzan’s persistent abilities can, in fact, crit. Attaining a 1:2 ratio of CRIT Rate to CRIT DMG will let her contribute a good amount of damage to the team’s total DPS potential.
Faruzan does have a passive talent that lets her grant ATK buffs based on her Base ATK. While it does make using ATK% sands on her less ideal, it can be used on her if you’ve already secured enough Energy Recharge to keep your Burst charged at all times. Anemo DMG Bonus provides her with a lot of damage as a sub-DPS. Swirl is often regarded as one of the best AoE elemental reactions in the game and its damage heavily scales with Elemental Mastery so acquiring plenty of Elemental Mastery in your substats is also great.
Best Weapons for Faruzan
While exploring the desert sands of Sumeru, you’ll find many mechanical contraptions scattered around that can be quite dangerous. Faruzan will need something to defend herself with if she’s dead set on continuing her studies, so here’s a list of bows that she can use to great effect.
- Skyward Harp (CRIT Rate) – Increases CRIT DMG by 20%. Hits have a 60% chance to inflict a small AoE attack, dealing 125% Physical ATK DMG. Can only occur once every 4s
Skyward Harp offers the highest base ATK in any 5-star bows and is an excellent all-around bow. It’s got a great CRIT Rate secondary stat and some CRIT DMG in its weapon effect as a bonus. It’s also fairly easy to proc its bonus effect that gives her some more chip damage.
- Elegy for the End (Energy Recharge) – Increased Elemental Mastery by 60. Gain sigils when dealing damage with Elemental Skill or Burst every .2s even when off-field. At 4 sigils, all sigils will be consumed and Elemental Mastery is increased by 100 and ATK increased by 20% for 12s. Once the effect is triggered, you cannot gain Sigils for 20s. The same buffs from the Millennial Movement series do not stack.
Even though Faruzan is off-field for most of the time, her Elemental Burst does persist on the field for quite some time, thereby dealing the majority of her damage. Elegy for the End perfectly compliments this playstyle as it gives Faruzan a decently high base ATK weapon and all the Energy Recharge she needs. The Elemental Mastery she gets from its weapon effect will also be very beneficial for her Swirl reactions.
Faruzan’s ATK buff is similar to Kujou Sara’s wherein the buff scales solely on her Base ATK stat. Budget weapons do not give as many stats as their 5-Star counterparts, but their decent weapon effects can still prove to be worthwhile regardless of their middling ATK stat.
- Sacrificial Bow (Energy Recharge) – After damaging an opponent with an Elemental Skill, the skill has a 40% chance to end its own CD. Can only occur once every 30s.
Sacrificial Bow is an easy choice for Faruzan. It’s got one of the highest base ATK for a 4-Star bow and Energy Recharge as its secondary stat. This weapon can essentially give her an extra cast of her Elemental Skill and more Energy particles to charge up her Elemental Burst with.
- Favonius Warbow (Energy Recharge) – CRIT Hits have a 60% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12s.
The Favonius Warbow is a great bow that’s made for generating large amounts of energy particles whenever you score a critical hit. Since she’s a bow character, you can always guarantee a CRIT via hitting enemy weak spots.
- Alley Hunter (ATK%) – While the character equipped with this weapon is in the party but not on the field, their DMG increases by 2% every second up to a max of 20%. When the character is on the field for more than 4s, the aforementioned DMG buff decreases by 4% per second until it reaches 0%.
With her minimal floor time, Faruzan can use Alley Hunter’s weapon effect quite efficiently to boost her personal damage. It’s got a decently high Base ATK to boot, which improves the ATK buff she gives her allies.
- The Stringless (Elemental Mastery) – Increases Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst DMG by 24%
Faruzan’s off-field damage mostly comes from her Elemental Burst. The Stringless offers damage amplification for both her Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst. Additionally, The Stringless’s Elemental Mastery secondary stat is perfect for enhancing her Swirl reactions.
Faruzan’s Talent Priorities
Madam Faruzan’s great expertise in ancient scriptures, ruins, puzzles, and its technology allows her to breeze through any troubles that come in the way of her research. If you want her to present a practical demonstration of her skills, prioritize leveling her talents in this order:
- The Wind’s Secret Ways (Elemental Burst) – Faruzan will deploy a dazzling polyhedron that unleashes a gust of wind that deals AoE damage. The dazzling polyhedron will continuously move along a triangular pattern and will keep unleashing gusts of wind every time it reaches a corner of the pattern for 12 seconds. Enemies hit by the gust of wind gets their Anemo resistance reduced and characters within the AoE of the gust of wind will get an Anemo DMG Bonus increase.
- Wind Realm of Nasamjnin (Elemental Skill) – Faruzan will deploy a polyhedron, dealing AoE Anemo damage to enemies and make her next Charged Attack to place down a Pressurized Collapse, triggering a small vortex to the target location after a short period of time, dealing AoE Anemo damage and pulling enemies in for a brief period. Enemies caught in the vortex get the same debuff her Elemental Burst gives.
- Origin (Normal Attack) – Faruzan will perform 4 consecutive attacks with her bow, dealing physical damage. When held down, Faruzan will enter into aiming mode for a Charged Attack. If fully charged, the Charged Attack will deal a bigger Anemo damage.
In addition to its AoE damage, Faruzan’s Elemental Burst gives additional buffs (separate from the other buff mentioned throughout) that increases a character’s ATK whenever they are in her Burst’s AoE. This buff scales with Faruzan’s Base ATK as well, so be sure to level her up and give her weapons with a high base ATK for maximum effect.
Faruzan Team Comp
Since she is a dedicated Anemo support and buffer, it’s not surprising that a lot of Anemo DPS characters would love for Madame Faruzan to join their team composition. To set her up for success, pair her with an Anemo DPS and other supportive characters like a healer or shielder. These characters would be our top picks for her:
- Wanderer (Anemo catalyst hypercarry that would benefit from persistent Anemo resistance shreds and damage buffs)
- Xiao (Anemo Burst DPS that would benefit from the Anemo resistance shred and damage buffs)
- Heizou (A budget Anemo sub-DPS capable of dealing quick burst of damage)
- Bennett (All-around Pyro applier, healer, and additional buffer for the hypercarry)
- Xingqiu (Off-field Hydro sub-DPS for the Anemo hypercarry and elemental reactions)
- Fischl (Off-field Electro sub-DPS and for elemental reactions)
- Layla (Cryo shielder for the hypercarry and off-field Cryo applier for elemental reactions)
- Zhongli (Best shielder for the hypercarry and offers additional resistance shred to enemies)
The Wanderer and Xiao are the two Anemo DPS that would like to be supported by her the most because she’ll be able to push their damage ceilings even further thanks to her buffs and resistance shred. Faruzan is geared towards being an offensive support and offers no defensive abilities for herself or the team. This does make her prone to getting damaged, which is why you’ll usually see her being accompanied by Bennett or Zhongli, who are great healers and shielders, respectively.