Out of all the anime tropes out there, the Cat Girl has long been a staple that has a universal cute appeal. It’s no wonder that the anime-loving creators of Genshin Impact, HoYoverse, decided to add another adorable cat girl to their playable roster. Hailing from Inazuma, a nation clearly inspired by Japanese culture, Kirara presents herself as a Nekomata, which is a cat yōkai from Japanese folklore.
Kirara is a Gold Level Courier of Inazuma’s Komaniya Express. Easily recognizable from her twin tails and paw pads, Kirara stands tall in her human form, blending in with the human society that she loves. With her can-do attitude and some help from her Dendro vision, nothing can stop Kirara from delivering parcels with a quick and safe service worthy of five stars.
Like Kirara, we’re delivering you a full guide for the best artifacts, talents, weapons, and team comps in this Kirara Genshin Impact guide.
Best Artifact Set for Kirara
Kirara is a versatile character that can be built offensively or defensively, yet it could sometimes prove to be a challenge because of her split-scaling. Despite this issue, here are the best artifacts she could utilize in either playstyle.
The Noblesse Oblige artifact set grants the following effects:
- 2-Piece Set: Elemental Burst DMG Bonus +20%
- 4-Piece Set: Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack.
Like most support characters, Kirara benefits from the Noblesse Oblige 4-piece artifact set. Since Kirara’s Elemental Burst has impressive scaling, players typically use it as much as possible. Equipping this 4-piece artifact set not only enhances Kirara’s Elemental Burst damage but also provides an ATK boost to the entire team.
The Deepwood Memories artifact set grants the following effects:
- 2-Piece Set: Dendro DMG Bonus +15%
- 4-Piece Set: After Elemental Skills or Bursts hit opponents, the targets’ Dendro RES will be decreased by 30% for 8s. This effect can be triggered even if the character is not on the field.
The Deepwood Memories set is the perfect match for any Dendro character. It improves Kirara’s overall damage and amplifies the Dendro damage of the whole team. For a more defensive playstyle, you can opt for a 2-piece artifact set that gives HP%, Energy Recharge, and Elemental Mastery.
Artifact Stats to Prioritize
Working as a courier is a tough job as you will most likely be going to places you’ve never been to. To keep Kirara fit for her job, prioritize her stats in this order.
- HP% (Sands or substats)
- Elemental Mastery/Energy Recharge (Sands or substats)
- CRIT Rate/CRIT DMG (Circlet and substats)
- ATK%/Dendro DMG Bonus (Optional/Goblet or substats)
Most of Kirara’s core abilities scale based on HP, so we suggest going for HP% sands to maximize her shield scaling and damage. For the strongest 4-star shield, get HP% main stats in all artifacts. Since Dendro has the best Elemental Reactions in the current meta, Elemental Mastery can be a viable option, or if the player would prefer a better Elemental Burst uptime, Energy Recharge sands can also work.
Kirara’s Burst does scale well and can deal massive damage, but it scales off of ATK. Doing an offensive build around her Elemental Burst requires players to invest in ATK sands and a Dendro DMG Goblet. CRIT Rate or CRIT DMG on circlet and a 1:2 ratio in CRIT stats is a must on her for a highly explosive package.
Best Weapons for Kirara
Dangers of travel are part of the job of a courier, and for that reason, Kirara must always be prepared to defend herself, so here are the best weapons Kirara can use.
- Key of Khaj-Nisut (HP%) – HP increased by 20%. When an Elemental Skill hits opponents, you gain the Grand Hymn effect for 20s. This effect increases the character’s Elemental Mastery by 0.12% of their Max HP. This effect can trigger once every 0.3s. Max 3 stacks. When this effect gains 3 stacks, or when the third stack’s duration is refreshed, the Elemental Mastery of all nearby party members will be increased by 0.2% of the equipping character’s max HP for 20s.
The Key of Khaj-Nisut easily earns the top spot as her 5-star weapon, granting Kirara a massive HP% stat while giving her extra Elemental Mastery that scales from her maximum HP, further increasing her defenses and Elemental reaction damage. This is the ideal weapon for players aiming to create a highly defensive build without sacrificing offensive potential.
- Primordial Jade Cutter (CRIT Rate) – HP increased by 20%. Additionally, provides an ATK Bonus based on 1.2% of the wielder’s Max HP.
For players building Kirara as an Elemental Burst nuker, the Primordial Jade Cutter is the best weapon choice. This weapon provides the highest CRIT Rate a sword can give in-game, and its passive effect that increases ATK based on max HP synergizes well with Kirara’s high natural base health. It’s great for a highly offensive build that aims to maintain a reasonable level of defensive capability.
- Freedom Sworn Sword (Elemental Mastery) – Increases DMG by 10%. When the character wielding this weapon triggers Elemental Reactions, they gain a Sigil of Rebellion. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s and can be triggered even if said character is not on the field. When you possess 2 Sigils of Rebellion, all of them will be consumed, and all nearby party members will obtain “Millennial Movement: Song of Resistance” for 12s. “Millennial Movement: Song of Resistance” increases Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attack DMG by 16% and increases ATK by 20%. Once this effect is triggered, you will not gain Sigils of Rebellion for 20s.
Freedom Sworn Sword provides a partywide buff, perfect for support characters that can trigger many Elemental reactions, such as Kirara. This weapon will passively increase Kirara’s overall damage while providing her plenty of Elemental Mastery stat for Elemental reaction damage.
While some players have yet to obtain 5-star weapons, the 4-star weapon pool has enough weapon choices for Kirara to choose from.
- Sacrificial Sword (Energy Recharge%) – After dealing damage to an opponent with an Elemental Skill, the skill has a 40% chance to end its own CD. This can only occur once every 30s.
Due to Kirara’s passive that allows her shields to stack, Sacrificial Sword allows her to keep a higher shield uptime, giving your team the maximum protective benefit. Its massive Energy Recharge secondary stat also allows Kirara to maximize her Elemental Burst uptime, making this the perfect 4-star weapon.
- Xiphos’ Moonlight (Elemental Mastery) – The following effect will trigger every 10s: The character will gain 0.036% Energy Recharge for each point of Elemental Mastery they possess for 12s, with nearby party members gaining 30% of this buff for the same duration. Multiple instances of this weapon can allow this buff to stack. This effect will still trigger even if the character is not on the field.
Xiphos’ Moonlight provides Kirara more utility stats, granting her and her team additional Energy Recharge based on her Elemental Mastery. This will help ensure the uptime of her and her team’s Elemental Burst and make team rotations smooth.
- Iron Sting (Elemental Mastery) – Dealing Elemental DMG increases all DMG by 6% for 6s. Max 2 stacks. This can only occur once every 1s.
For free-to-play players, the Iron Sting is the most accessible weapon since it’s a craftable weapon. It gives a decent amount of Elemental Mastery while increasing Kirara’s overall damage, allowing Kirara to build more defensive artifacts.
Kirara’s Talent Priorities
When it comes to package delivery, Kirara relies on her shape-shifting and combat abilities to guarantee safe transport. She can provide this same insurance to her team if her talents are leveled up in this order.
- Meow-teor Kick (Elemental Skill) – This has a tap-and-hold version. When tapped, Kirara will perform a backflip, kicking enemies in front of her in the process, dealing Dendro damage and generating a Dendro shield that lasts for 12s. When held, Kirara will turn into a Special Express Delivery Box that has increased move speed and can climb vertical terrain, generating the same Dendro shield and dealing Dendro damage to every enemy Kirara crashes into. When the duration ends, Kirara will perform a stronger backflip, dealing Dendro damage.
- Secret Art: Surprise Dispatch (Elemental Burst) – Kirara will smash enemies with a special delivery package used for punishing parcel thieves, dealing Dendro DMG in an AoE. After the package explodes, it will split into mini bombs, dealing Dendro DMG on enemy contact.
- Boxcutter (Normal Attack) – Kirara will perform 4 consecutive attacks with her sword, dealing Physical damage. When held for a Charged Attack, Kirara will consume a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 3 rapid claw strikes, dealing even more Physical damage.
Kirara has a passive skill that stacks her shield absorption every time she crashes into enemies on her Special Express Delivery Box form. Once her Special Express Delivery Box form ends by tapping the skill again, Kirara will gain another shield, stacking its absorption if the previous shield is not destroyed and resetting the shield duration. Kirara can keep stacking shield absorption by recasting her ability, as long as the previous shield does not disappear, with the max possible stacks being three.
Kirara Team Comp
As a Dendro shielder, Kirara tends to do well with Dendro DPS characters, providing protection, Dendro energy particles, and Dendro Resonance. Here are some of the characters Kirara can synergize with.
- Alhaitham (Dendro DPS that requires floor time)
- Tighnari (Dendro Bow DPS that requires resistance to interruption for Charged Attacks)
- Dendro Traveler (F2P Dendro applier that Kirara can provide energy and protection)
- Candace (Hydro support that can trigger bloom reactions with her infusion)
- Xingqiu (Off-field Hydro sub-DPS for Bloom reactions)
- Fischl (Budget off-field sub-DPS and Electro applier/driver)
- Kuki Shinobu (Electro healer and off-field Electro driver)
- Cyno (Electro Hyper Carry that requires floor time and support)
With the ongoing meta of Dendro-based reaction teams, Kirara is a good pick for a budget shielder for Hyperbloom, Bloom, and Burgeon Teams since Dendro cores tend to damage their own characters. By allocating time and resources wisely, Kirara will provide you with first-rate service of a safe and comfortable combat experience.