Who’d have thought that the strongest Knight of Favonius would also be their youngest one? Meet Klee, the lovable Spark Knight of Mondstadt and one of the cutest characters you’ll meet in Genshin Impact.
Klee is the daughter of the famous adventurer Alice, and likes adventuring all over Mondstadt with her best friend, Dodoco. She’s known to have a particular talent for creating explosives and adores anything that can blow up like her bombs.
While this has led to Klee getting placed into timeout numerous times by Acting Grand Master Jean, this has never stopped her from having fun. So long as she remembers to follow the survival rules Kaeya gave to her, she’s free to blast fish to her heart’s content.
Don’t let Klee venture off into her adventures unprepared though. This Klee Genshin Impact guide can tell you all she needs for her journeys: from her artifacts to her bestest companions.
The Best Artifacts for Klee
Artifact farming is usually such a drag but for those who want to outfit Klee with her best artifacts, you’re in luck as both of her preferred artifact sets come from the same domain, Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula. We’ll go over their differences so you know which one to pick.
Crimson Witch of Flames
- 2-Piece Bonus – Pyro DMG Bonus +15%
- 4-Piece Bonus – Increases Overloaded and Burning, and Burgeon DMG by 40%. Increases Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15%. Using Elemental Skill increases the 2-Piece Set Bonus by 50% of its starting value for 10s. Max 3 stacks.
Universally, the Crimson Witch of Flames is great on Pyro DPS characters like Klee. Whether you’re running her solely for her firepower or relying on powerful elemental reactions, this set provides virtually everything she needs. A reaction based setup would require you to run a 4-Piece set but she can also use its 2-Piece effect in conjunction with other ATK boosting sets for better critical Pyro damage.
- 2-Piece Bonus – Pyro RES increased by 40%.
- 4-Piece Bonus – Increases DMG against opponents affected by Pyro by 35%.
This set grants Klee a 35% DMG bonus to all of her attacks while she constantly applies Pyro onto enemies. While it does sacrifice the bonuses that would be helpful for reactions, this wouldn’t affect her damage output as much if she’s in a Mono Pyro team. Overall, it’s a solid alternative.
Artifact Stats to Prioritize
Getting the right artifacts involves equipping the right stats as well. Here’s how we would prioritize Klee’s stats.
- Pyro DMG Bonus
- CRIT Rate / CRIT DMG
- Elemental Mastery
- Energy Recharge
One of the easiest ways to boost a catalyst user’s damage is by equipping them with a goblet artifact that matches their element, thus a Pyro DMG Bonus goblet is a must. Klee’s charge attack, her strongest damaging move, is subject to crit so getting a good CRIT ratio can lead to consistently high damage output. Elemental Mastery serves as additive damage towards her elemental reactions. ATK% can be interchangeable with Elemental Mastery but it’s recommended to reach at least 1600 ATK for best results. Lastly, Energy Recharge can help her charge her Burst quickly for more Pyro application.
Best Weapons for Klee
Klee is one of the earliest limited 5-Stars in Genshin Impact and at one point, was their best-selling character. However, she did not come with a premium weapon that complimented her kit, and to this day, most catalysts on her serve as mere stat sticks. Still, here are our top picks for Klee’s weapon.
- The Widsith (CRIT DMG) – When a character takes the field, they will gain a random theme song for 10s. This can only occur once every 30s. Recitative: ATK is increased by 60. Aria: Increases all Elemental DMG by 48. Interlude: Elemental Mastery is increased by 240.
Free-to-play gamers, rejoice! Klee’s best-in-slot weapon is not actually a 5-Star weapon. The Widsith is a 4-Star CRIT DMG scaling catalyst that makes use of three randomized buffs. This activates whenever the user takes the field and the buffs affect either their ATK, Elemental DMG, or Elemental Mastery. Klee is unaffected by the random nature of the buffs due to the fact that all three buffs are phenomenal on her. It’s easy to get copies of this weapon due to its rarity and max refinements, it easily trumps all other weapon choices. Yes, even 5-Star weapons.
- Kagura’s Verity (CRIT DMG) – Gains the Kagura Dance effect when using an Elemental Skill, causing the Elemental Skill DMG of the character wielding this weapon to increase by 12% for 16s. Max 3 stacks. This character will gain 12% All Elemental DMG Bonus when they possess 3 stacks.
Kagura’s Verity is a great stat stick for Klee, with its high base ATK and CRIT DMG secondary stat. Although Klee does have two charges for her Elemental Skill, it’s not enough to fully take advantage of Kagura Verity’s final weapon passive that adds an Omni Elemental DMG Bonus for the user. Nonetheless, the increase in Elemental Skill DMG is great to have.
- Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds (CRIT Rate) – Increases Movement SPD by 10%. When in battle, gain an 8% Elemental DMG Bonus every 4s. Max 4 stacks. Lasts until the character falls or leaves combat.
While Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds might not match the strength of other contenders on this list, it stands out as a more accessible 5-Star option. Unlike other 5-Star weapons, Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds is widely available in the Standard Banner, eliminating the need for players to specifically pull for it. This weapon proves particularly advantageous for Klee as her on-field DPS, enhancing her benefits the longer she remains in battle.
Klee doesn’t need premium weapons to shine as bright as her fiery sparks. These budget-friendly weapons can be just as effective and easier to refine.
- Dodoco Tales (ATK%) – Normal Attack hits on opponents increase Charged Attack DMG by 16% for 6s. Charged Attack hits on opponents increase ATK by 8% for 6s.
Dodoco Tales was given to players for free during Klee’s first rerun in Version 1.6. From its appearance and the weapon effect’s emphasis on Normal and Charge Attacks, it’s clear that this cute catalyst is tailor-made for this Spark Knight. It can even come close to rivaling The Widsith in terms of damage. Unfortunately, there’s currently no way for newer players to obtain this event-exclusive weapon.
- Solar Pearl (CRIT Rate) – Normal Attack hits increase Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst DMG by 20% for 6s. Likewise, Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst hits increase Normal Attack DMG by 20% for 6s.
The Solar Pearl is a CRIT Rate catalyst that’s obtainable through Genshin Impact’s Battle Pass system. Its weapon effect is reminiscent of Dodoco Tales wherein her Normal Attack buffs her Elemental Skill and Burst’s DMG instead and works vice versa. The only downside to this effect is that it doesn’t buff Klee’s Charge Attack damage.
- Sacrificial Fragments (Elemental Mastery) – After dealing damage to an opponent with an Elemental Skill, the skill has a 40% chance to end its own CD. Can only occur once every 30s.’
Sacrificial Fragments is Klee’s go-to catalyst if she wants to focus on improving her damage in reaction-based teams. Burgeon in particular benefits greatly from giving Klee more Elemental Mastery. Its weapon effect also gets better with more refinements as it gives her another charge for her Jumpy Dumpty.
Skill Priorities for Klee
Enhancing your characters also means leveling up their talents so that they can deal more damage and clear harder challenges. You’ll need lots of talent books of Freedom so prioritize leveling her skills in this order:
- Kaboom! (Normal Attack) – Klee performs up to 3 explosive attacks, dealing AoE Pyro DMG. After consuming a certain amount of Stamina, she charges up a beam that deals AoE Pyro DMG to opponents.
- Jumpy Dumpty (Elemental Skill) – Jumpy Dumpty is Klee’s specialty bomb. When thrown, Jumpy Dumpty bounces thrice, igniting and dealing AoE Pyro DMG with every bounce. On the third bounce, the bomb splits into many mines which will explode upon contact with opponents, or after a short period of time, further dealing AoE Pyro DMG.
- Sparks ‘n’ Splash (Elemental Burst) – For the duration of this ability, Klee continuously summons Sparks ‘n’ Splash to attack nearby opponents, dealing AoE Pyro DMG.
Klee’s Charge Attack multipliers are tied to her Normal Attack so maxing this skill first will be the most efficient way to strengthen this little mage, especially if you’re tight on resources. While her Elemental Skill is strong, its lengthy cooldown places it lower in priority, despite its ability to store up to two charges.
As flashy as Klee’s Elemental Burst is, it doesn’t deal as much damage as her other attacks. Additionally, the fact that it can end prematurely if Klee is switched out firmly places her Burst at the bottom of the priority list.
Klee Team Comp
Even though her animations lag behind newer catalyst DPS characters like the Wanderer in terms of smoothness, Spark Knight Klee remains a formidable choice for a Pyro DPS. She shines in Mono Pyro teams, Vaporize teams, and Burgeon teams, which are currently her most favored setups. While she can still be utilized in Melt and Overload teams, these strategies have become less effective in terms of damage output and are no longer considered optimal. These characters will make sure Klee doesn’t get into trouble:
- Bennett (Pyro buffer and healer perfect for a Mono Pyro team)
- Xiangling (Pyro sub-DPS with fantastic off-field damage)
- Kazuha (Anemo crowd control, resistance shred, and elemental damage bonus)
- Sucrose (Great for enemy grouping and gives extra Elemental Mastery)
- Yelan (Hydro applicator for Vaporize or Bloom reactions)
- Mona (Provides a powerful Omen buff alongside off-field Hydro application)
- Baizhu (Dendro shielder and healer that can keep Klee safe)
- Kirara (A more budget friendly Dendro shielder)
Klee does have some advanced mechanics like animation canceling that can drastically change her damage output, which is rewarding for those who dedicate themselves to maining her.
While she might not be in the meta spotlight as she was in Genshin Impact’s early days, Klee remains one of the most beloved characters in the game, as evident from her regular appearances in yearly summer events.
Ultimately, while the meta may change, raising and playing with characters you genuinely enjoy and love is the aspect of the game that is timeless and most important.