Are you tired of trying to hit that sweet CRIT ratio in Genshin Impact? Well, so is Kokomi; so she ignored those stats. And if you were lucky enough to have gotten her in her most recent wish banner, you’re about to get lucky twice since we’re here to give you a Kokomi Genshin Impact guide.
We’ll be recommending the best artifacts, weapons, and skills priority for your Kokomi so that she doesn’t flop like a fish in the depths of the Spiral Abyss– even though she is a fish. Sort of. Don’t leave her dead in the water (especially in Fontaine’s water), build her up with our Kokomi Genshin Impact guide. Let’s start with the artifacts.
The Best Artifacts for Kokomi
Since Kokomi can fill in for many roles in Genshin Impact– apart from a CRIT fisher (ehe), she has a relatively sizable list of viable or ideal artifacts.
First up is Kokomi’s thematic artifact the Ocean-Hued Clam. You can farm this one in the Slumbering Court Domain on Seirai Island, Inazuma.
It plays on Kokomi’s main role as a healer in the team while also adding a bit of AoE damage. These are the bonuses:
- Healing Bonus +15%.
- When the character equipping this artifact set heals a character in the party, a Sea-Dyed Foam will appear for 3 seconds, accumulating the amount of HP recovered from healing (including overflow healing). At the end of the duration, the Sea-Dyed Foam will explode, dealing DMG to nearby opponents based on 90% of the accumulated healing. (This DMG is calculated similarly to Reactions such as Electro-Charged, and Superconduct, but it is not affected by Elemental Mastery, Character Levels, or Reaction DMG Bonuses). Only one Sea-Dyed Foam can be produced every 3.5 seconds. Each Sea-Dyed Foam can accumulate up to 30,000 HP (including overflow healing). There can be no more than one Sea-Dyed Foam active at any given time. This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field.
I know, right? Did Fischl write the artifact description or something?
Anyway, the summary is that this artifact deals explosion damage proportional to the amount of HP Kokomi has healed. More healing, more damage. It’s perfect for her, and the Sea-Dyed Foam explosion deals Physical Damage.
Tenacity of the Millelith
Obtainable in the Ridge Watch Domain between Mondstadt and Liyue, this artifact set capitalizes on Kokomi’s HP scaling. Her Skill and Burst rely a lot on her Max HP stat (and her Healing Bonus), and the higher it goes, the higher her damage output.
These are the following bonuses for this artifact set:
- HP +20%
- When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the ATK of all nearby party members is increased by 20% and their Shield Strength is increased by 30% for 3s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s. This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field.
It’s more straightforward than the Clam artifact, and you don’t have to worry about the healing bonus since Kokomi’s healing also scales off her Max HP.
Heart of Depth
If you already have a shield-generator already and your characters aren’t getting hit, then healing is too redundant or even useless. In such cases, the Heart of Depth for a full offensive support Kokomi is more fitting.
You can farm it in the Peak of Vindagnyr Domain in Dragonspine, Mondstadt. Here are the bonuses:
- Hydro DMG Bonus +15%
- After using an Elemental Skill, increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 30% for 15s.
Note that you can mix and match these artifact sets as long as you get two 2-piece bonuses from any of them. More importantly, you also need to follow our stat recommendations for these artifacts.
Artifact Stats to Prioritize
As we mentioned earlier, Kokomi’s abilities scale off her Max HP amount (like Ayato). So pumping up that stat and picking artifacts with main or substats that feature HP boosts or Healing Bonus are ideal.
From most important to least important, here are the artifact stats you want for Kokomi:
- Hydro DMG / HP% (Goblet) – depending on her role whether it’s healer or damage support
- HP% (Circlet)
- Healing Bonus (Circlet, depends on what you get)
- HP% (Sands)
- Energy Recharge / HP% (substats)
Basically just give her a lot of HP, Healing Bonus, and Energy Recharge. You can swap out the Hydro Goblet for an HP Goblet if you want Kokomi to be solely a healer. With these stats, Kokomi will heal well, provide a decent amount of damage, and also have enough Energy to frequently use her powerful Burst.
Best Weapons for Kokomi
We got a lot of options here for Kokomi. Since she swings in both offensive and defensive support, there are at least three ideal universal weapons for her. We’ll start with the grandest one.
- Everlasting Moonglow (HP) – Healing Bonus increased by 10%, Normal Attack DMG is increased by 1% of the Max HP of the character equipping this weapon. For 12s after using an Elemental Burst, Normal Attacks that hit opponents will restore 0.6 Energy. Energy can be restored this way once every 0.1s.
It turns Kokomi into the best healer in the game while also making her a viable DPS character. It’s great if you don’t like switching characters too much and prefer to have everlasting Energy (especially if you don’t have Raiden Shogun).
However, there are more accessible alternatives and some might even say it’s more powerful for support-Kokomi.
- Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers (HP) – When switching characters, the new character taking the field has their ATK increased by 24% for 10s. This effect can only occur once every 20s.
It gives HP and it boosts team damage, perfect for Kokomi and the fact that it’s only a 3-star weapon means you can refine it to your heart’s content. Because let’s face it, you probably have more competent DPS or damage dealers, meaning Kokomi will usually be relegated to a support role.
So you might as well get something affordable for Kokomi.
Speaking of which, here’s another budget option:
- Sacrificial Fragments (Elemental Mastery) – After dealing damage to an opponent with an Elemental Skill, the skill has a 40% chance to end its own CD. Can only occur once every 30s.
It’s not really that much better than Thrilling Tales due to the Elemental Mastery secondary stat, but it’s nevertheless great for a Kokomi in a Bloom team with other Dendro Element characters.
Skill Priorities for Kokomi
Kokomi’s Skill and Burst both heal so you really should prioritize leveling up both more than anything else. Here’s the priority for her talents. Do note that her Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst have an interchangeable priority though if you don’t have a lot of Energy Recharge or a means of giving her Energy, then you might want to level up Skill first.
- Kurage’s Oath (Elemental Skill) – Summons a “bake-kurage” created from water that can heal her allies. Using this skill will apply the Wet status to Sangonomiya Kokomi. Deals Hydro DMG to surrounding opponents and heal nearby active characters at fixed intervals. This healing is based on Kokomi’s Max HP.
- Nereid’s Ascension (Elemental Burst) – The might of Watatsumi descends, dealing Hydro DMG to surrounding opponents, before robing Kokomi in a Ceremonial Garment made from the flowing waters of Sangonomiya. Sangonomiya Kokomi’s Normal Attack, Charged Attack and Bake-Kurage DMG are increased based on her Max HP. When her Normal and Charged Attacks hit opponents, Kokomi will restore HP for all nearby party members, and the amount restored is based on her Max HP.
- The Shape of Water (Normal Attack) – Performs up to 3 consecutive attacks that take the form of swimming fish, dealing Hydro DMG.
Kokomi’s rotations are simple enough and you’ll have to rely on your team to determine how much she’ll stay on the field. You can easily swap her out though we don’t recommend doing that while her Elemental Burst is active as it will be canceled on a character swap.
Kokomi Team Comp
Since Kokomi is mostly a support character, she doesn’t get teams built around her. Rather you decide whether a team needs her or not.
If you built her as a healer, then we recommend placing Kokomi in a team that doesn’t have a shield generator. Otherwise, Kokomi can fit in just about any team. Still, there are characters that pair well with her:
- Ayaka (good for perma-freeze teams and Ayaka benefits a lot from Thrilling Tales)
- Ganyu (her Burst pairs well with Kokomi’s Skill)
- Kazuha (he’s just good in any team)
- Venti (for Cryo teams with Kokomi)
- Raiden Shogun (in case you don’t have enough Energy Recharge)
- Fiscal (off-field Electro DPS)
- Yae Miko (for sustained Electro DPS)
- Alhaitham (ideal for Spread and Quickbloom teams)
- Nahida (any team is lucky to have her)
- Xiangling (for Vaporize teams)