Genshin Impact‘s ever-expanding world and roster introduced the enigmatic Tartaglia, also known as Childe, and afterward, Liyue has never been the same. This cunning Snezhnayan native is a formidable 5-star Hydro bow-wielding character, versatile in both ranged and melee combat. Our comprehensive Tartaglia Genshin Impact guide will navigate you through the intricacies of optimizing his potential, covering artifacts, weapons, skills, and team compositions.
We do expect Tartaglia mains to be more patient compared to the usual Genshin Impact player, after all, he always makes everyone wait (with his cooldowns). But that’s a small price to pay to master Zhongli’s sugar daddy (according to fan canon).
Best Artifacts for Tartaglia
Selecting the right artifact sets is pivotal to elevating Tartaglia’s damage output. Here are the recommended artifact sets for him, offering flexibility based on your preferred playstyle. Both of them are easy enough to obtain and you also probably have them already.
Heart of Depth
- 2-Piece Set: Hydro DMG Bonus +15%
- 4-Piece Set: After using Elemental Skill, increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 30% for 15s.
You can’t go wrong with this set for Hydro characters. It’s one of the most flexible sets for them, and Childe gets to utilize this one to full effect since he relies a lot on his Elemental Skill. He also incorporates some Charged Attacks in his playstyle though that’s not necessary for damage output.
- 2-Piece Set: Elemental Burst DMG +20%
- 4-Piece Set: Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack.
Since Tartaglia’s Elemental Skill has such a long cooldown, Noblesse Oblige comes close to Heart of Depth’s performance. It’s less smooth to use on Tartaglia, but if you want to see big damage numbers for his Burst, it’s a good choice.
Artifact Stats to Prioritize
This is how you build Tartaglia in Genshin Impact. The artifact stats and subtats will be doing a lot of the heavy lifting for Tartaglia’s damage output.
Consequently, finding this combo of artifact stats is also the most time consuming activity in Genshin Impact. But then again, you’re a Childe main so patience is mandatory.
- ATK% (Sands)
- Hydro DMG% (Goblet)
- Crit Rate / Crit DMG (Circlet and substats)
- Energy Recharge (substats)
- Elemental Mastery (substats)
Since Childe is a hypercarry DPS, you can get away with the usual DPS combo of CRIT artifacts. It’s not that complicated thankfully.
Best Weapons for Tartaglia
Choosing the optimal weapon significantly enhances Tartaglia’s combat effectiveness. Here are the top weapons for him. Of course, the most powerful ones are either expensive or too rare. Hence, we laid out some budget alternatives below.
- Skyward Harp (5-Star)
- Increases CRIT DMG by 20-100% chance to inflict a small AoE attack, dealing 125% Physical ATK DMG. Can only occur once every 4~2s.
- Rust (4-Star)
- Increases Normal Attack DMG by 40~80% but decreases Charged Attack DMG by 10%.
- Amos’s Bow (5-Star)
- Increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 12-16% every 0.1 seconds up to 5 times.
As we stated before, the Tartaglia’s ideal weapons are either for the lucky or the rich. Some of you might be free players or are just plain unfortunate. If so, check out these alternatives.
- Favonius Warbow (4-Star)
- CRIT hits have a 60% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12s.
- The Stringless (4-Star)
- Increases Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst DMG by 24%.
Or just go with Rust. You’ll probably get it given enough time.
Skill Priority for Tartaglia
Efficiently leveling Tartaglia’s skills is crucial for unleashing his full potential and for saving up some rather valuable materials in Genshin Impact. Follow this skill priority guide:
- Elemental Skill – Foul Legacy: Raging Tide:
- Deals Hydro DMG to nearby enemies and puts Tartaglia into a Melee Stance, altering his Normal and Charged Attacks.
- Elemental Burst – Havoc: Obliteration:
- Level up Tartaglia’s Elemental Burst second as it is his less impactful despite dealing AOE Hydro damage.
- Normal Attack – Cutting Torrent:
- Finally, switch focus to leveling up Tartaglia’s normal attack as it is his primary source of damage.
Tartaglia gets most of his damage from his Elemental Skill so that takes priority. A lot of his damage comes from attacking a lot after activating his Elemental Skill though you can also intersperse some of his Burst in the combo or if the Skill is on cooldown.
Tartaglia Team Composition
Tartaglia synergizes well with various team compositions. Tailor your team based on your preferred playstyle:
- Reverse Vape (Pyro on Hydro reaction):
Consider these other characters for support:
Mastering Tartaglia’s playstyle involves understanding the intricacies of his Elemental Skill, making quick decisions, and efficient micromanagement. Whether you’re aiming for top-tier 5-star weapons or exploring budget-friendly alternatives, using our Tartaglia Genshin Impact guide will ensure he stands out on the battlefield.
Once you get used to it, you won’t mind the cooldown anymore.