In Genshin Impact, piracy still lurks even in the seas of Teyvat. In Liyue, none strikes fear in the hearts of evildoers more than the Captain of the Crux Fleet, Beidou. She is probably inspired by the real-life 19th-century Chinese pirate Zheng Yi Sao, a Chinese pirate leader who was feared and respected in the high seas.
Even though she is a 4-star character, her feats on the high seas are renowned to the people of Liyue, and she is celebrated as an icon. Her Electro vision granted her power to defeat her foes, monsters and humans alike. She is not proclaimed as the Uncrowned Lord of the Ocean and helmed the Crux’s Alcor were it not for her deeds inside and outside of Liyue.
There are countless monsters and dangers when you venture into the seas of Teyvat and beyond. Climb aboard the Alcor and conquer Genshin Impact‘s challenges with this Beidou Genshin Impact guide.
The Best Artifacts for Beidou
Depending on the player’s gameplay, one can utilize the perfect 4-piece artifact and its bonus. Whether Beidou is going for a Burst DPS build or a Full-Counter build, she will be a great damage dealer with flexible artifacts. Here are the best artifacts she can use in either role:
Emblem of Severed Fate
The Emblem of Severed Fate artifact set grants the following effects:
- 2-Piece Set: Energy Recharge +20%
- 4-Piece Set: Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum of 75% bonus DMG can be obtained in this way.
The 4-Piece of Emblem of Severed Fate is the perfect choice for a Burst DPS build. Her high damage scaling in her Elemental Burst is greatly amplified by this artifact’s effect, perfect for off-field damage.
The Thundering Fury artifact set grants the following effects:
- 2-Piece Set: Electro DMG +15%
- 4-Piece Set: Increases DMG caused by Overload, Electro-Charged, Superconduct, and Hyperbloom by +40%. and the DMG bonus conferred by Aggravate is increased by 20%. When Quicken or the aforementioned Elemental Reactions are triggered, Elemental Skill CD is decreased by 1s. Can only occur once every 0.8s.
For Electro characters, the Thundering Fury will always be a choice of artifacts. Its effect is tailored to cater Electro-based reactions, increasing overall damage and decreasing the cooldown of her Elemental Skill. This is the perfect set of Beidou’s Full-Counter build.
Artifact Stats to Prioritize
As the Uncrowned Lord of the Ocean, she must display immense strength to inspire courage to her crewmates. To do so, these are the following artifact stats to prioritize her build:
- Electro DMG Bonus (Goblet)
- ATK%/Energy Recharge (Sands or Substats)
- CRIT Rate/CRIT DMG (Circlet)
- Elemental Mastery (Substats)
As an Electro applicator, Beidou’s most prioritized artifact stat is the Electro DMG Bonus goblet to deal great Electro DMG in her Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst. Next, the players may choose an ATK% sands artifact stat for her Sub-DPS build or Energy Recharge sands for her Burst DPS build if paired with the 4-Piece Emblem of Severed Fate set.
It is also essential to have a CRIT Rate or CRIT DMG circlet to have a significant increase in her overall damage. It is highly recommended for all players to have a 1:2 CRIT Rate/CRIT DMG ratio to properly execute her enormous critical damage. Players can also include Elemental Mastery in her artifact substats.
Best Weapons for Beidou
To best utilize Beidou’s power in battle, the players are encouraged to invest in these 5-star weapons for her disposal.
- Skyward Pride (Energy Recharge) – Increases all DMG by 8%. After using an Elemental Burst, Normal or Charged Attack, on hit, it creates a vacuum blade that does 80% of ATK as DMG to opponents along its path. Lasts for 20s or 8 vacuum blades.
This weapon is a perfect match with the 4-piece artifact set Emblem of Severed Fate because of its secondary stat, which is Energy Recharge. With maximum Energy Recharge benefits from both the Emblem of Severed Fate and the Skyward Pride, the players can unleash unlimited Stormbreakers and still deal increased damage.
- The Unforged (ATK%) – Increases Shield Strength by 20%. Scoring hits on opponents increases ATK by 4% for 8s. Max 5 stacks. Can only occur once every 0.3s. While protected by a shield, this ATK increase effect is increased by 100%.
Beidou’s Elemental Skill also unleashes a shield and with higher constellations, with her Elemental Burst as well. The Unforged increases her shield strength, letting her tank even more damage before striking back. Which in turn also increases her ATK by bonus by 100%. This weapon will be an awesome pick for a Full Counter build.
- Wolf Gravestone (ATK%) – increases ATK by 20%. On hit, attacks against opponents with less than 30% HP increase all party members’ ATK by 40% for 12s. Can only occur once every 30s.
Even the standard 5-star weapon Wolf’s Gravestone is a good weapon for Beidou. Same with the Skyward Pride, this weapon is also obtainable in the Standard Banner. This weapon is a massive ATK stat stick for Beidou and with its effect that buff’s all party members, this weapon alone will increase the whole team’s damage output.
5-Star weapons are treasures not easy to obtain. Fortunately, the 4-Star weapon pool offers as many great alternatives. Here are some of the notable ones.
- Serpent’s Spine (CRIT Rate) – Every 4s a character is on the field, they will deal 6% more DMG and take 3% more DMG. This effect has a maximum of 5 stacks and will not be reset if the character leaves the field, but will be reduced by 1 stack when the character takes DMG.
Serpent Spine can give players a decent amount of CRIT Rate to give her a headstart in building her crit ratios. Even if this weapon is locked behind the Battle Pass, this 4-Star claymore is worth its price when built properly.
- Katsuragikiri Nagamasa (Energy Recharge) – Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 6%. After Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the character loses 3 Energy but regenerates 3 Energy every 2s for the next 6s. This effect can occur once every 10s. Can be triggered even when the character is not on the field.
For Free-to-Play gamers. Katsuragikiri Nagamasa is the best choice because it is very easy to obtain due to its craftability. It increases her Elemental Skill damage, its secondary stat is Energy Recharge, which is a perfect pair alongside with the artifact set Emblem of Severed Fate. Plus, its Energy regeneration will keep her Burst uptime optimized.
- Blackcliff Slasher (CRIT DMG) – After defeating an opponent, ATK is increased by 12% for 30s. This effect has a maximum of 3 stacks, and the duration of each stack is independent of the others.
Another free-to-play weapon option is the Blackcliff Slasher. Its secondary stat CRIT DMG and passive ATK% increase makes it an excellent weapon for dealing massive damage. It is also the budget choice for building her crit ratios. Be sure to check Paimon’s Bargains in certain months to get this weapon.
Beidou’s Talent Priorities
Beidou is also known for the story when she slew a sea monster in one slash. Witness the power of the Uncrowned Lord of Ocean by prioritizing her talents in this order:
- Stormbreaker (Elemental Burst) – When Stormbreaker is cast, Beidou will unleash Thunderbeast Targe around herself and deal Electro DMG. When Normal and Charged hits, Thunderbeast Targe will strike lightning discharge on opponents, dealing another Electro DMG. This will persist even when Beidou is swapped out.
- Tidecaller (Elemental Skill) – On tap, Beidou swings her blade and deals Electro DMG. On hold, she lifts her claymore and uses it as her shield. When she takes damage, she will counter it and deal an even larger Electro DMG. If players want to do the Full-Counter build for Beidou, maximize this talent first instead.
- Oceanborne (Normal Attack) – Beidou performs 5 consecutive attacks with her greatsword, dealing Physical DMG. When held for a Charged Attack, Beidou will relentlessly swing her greatsword to cut down enemies in her path while also draining her stamina, dealing more Physical DMG.
When casting Beidou’s Elemental Burst, the active character’s resistance to interruption will be increased and the damage taken will be decreased. Lightning DMG will also hit opponents when hit by Beidou’s Normal and Charged attacks. Players can also time her Elemental Skill during an attack to instantly switch to its maximum damage.
Beidou Team Comp
Though she may be the captain of the ship, her ship will not sail without the help of her trusty crewmates. Below are some of the best crewmates for our beloved captain:
- Eula (Physical Hypercarry that works well with Beidou to do Superconduct reactions)
- Nahida (One of the best Dendro applicator, a perfect partner for Aggravate teams)
- Baizhu (3-in-1 Dendro applier, shielder, and healer)
- Xingqiu (Hydro sub-DPS perfect for Taser teams and a crucial member of the National Team)
- Neuvillette (Hydro hypercarry that synergizes well with Beidou’s Elemental Burst)
- Dori (Electro battery and healer to keep Beidou’s Burst up)
- Sucrose (Anemo support for crowd control and Elemental Swirls)
- Thoma (His Elemental Burst synergizes well with Beidou’s, another perfect candidate for the National Team.)
As a seasoned captain with a diverse set of crewmates, Beidou makes sure that she will adapt to any situation, even in the game’s team composition. With her massive off-field damage, she has cemented herself as one of the best characters in the National Team throughout earliest versions of the game up till now. With the proper investment and prioritization, Beidou will always be making sure that she will lead everyone to victory.