If you thought you were patient and persistent enough, then you clearly haven’t met whoever registered the highest score on Flappy Bird. Flappy Bird, the seemingly simple yet notoriously challenging mobile game, took the world by storm when it was released in 2013.
Despite its drop in popularity, the quest for the highest score on Flappy Bird remains a significant pursuit for many gamers. It just so happens that someone has set the crown and has held it for nearly a decade. We’re here to motivate you first by showing you the highest score and then maybe give you some pointers on how to be the next world record holder.
What is the Highest Score on Flappy Bird?
While the game does not have an official world record recognized by an authoritative body like the Guinness World Records, players have claimed impressive scores, albeit with varying degrees of legitimacy.
One notable score is attributed to Eli Duke, who achieved an impressive 9,813 points on November 5, 2014.
Despite lacking official validation, this score has become legendary in the Flappy Bird community. However, it’s essential to approach such records with a degree of skepticism, as the absence of an official validation process opens the door to potential exaggerations and rumors. Take it with a grain of salt.
Other notable scores include Jayyswan’s 2,311 points, a score supported by a video on YouTube and listed on speedrun.com, adding an element of credibility. The lack of an official world record for Flappy Bird means that players often share their achievements on online platforms, creating an informal leaderboard of sorts.
Still, for all we know, there might be higher yet unrecorded or unpublished scores from humble achievers. We might never find out who is the flappiest and how much they scored.
What is Flappy Bird?
Are you serious? Alright. Flappy Bird, created by Dong Nguyen, is a mobile game that gained immense popularity shortly after its release in May 2013. The game’s simplicity, coupled with its challenging rhythm and quick-decision-based gameplay, led to its widespread adoption.
Players navigate a bird through a series of pipes by tapping the screen to make the bird flap its wings, attempting to avoid obstacles and achieve the highest possible score. The catch is that the bird will keep losing altitude if you’re not tapping.
Despite its barebones mechanics, Flappy Bird became a cultural phenomenon, reaching the number one spot on both Google Play and Apple iTunes App Store.
How to Track Your Highest Score on Flappy Bird?
Tracking high scores in Flappy Bird can be a matter of personal achievement and community recognition. While no official record-keeping institution exists, online platforms and communities have emerged where players can share their accomplishments.
One notable example is the web version of Flappy Bird, which features a live leaderboard. This officially confirmed leaderboard displays the top 10 scores in the last hour and the top 40 scores in the previous 24 hours.
Developers have also hinted at the possibility of adding an all-time leaderboard, providing a more comprehensive view of the highest scores achieved by players over time. This can serve as the overall official record of the highest score on Flappy Bird.
For those seeking a more competitive environment, engaging with online communities and participating in Flappy Bird contests with friends can offer a sense of motivation to improve individual scores.
Tips on How to Achieve the Highest Score on Flappy Bird
Achieving a high score in Flappy Bird is no easy feat, given its notoriously challenging nature. Here are some tips gathered from various sources to enhance your Flappy Bird prowess:
- Focus: This one’s pretty self-explanatory. We recommend playing it in the bathroom so you can minimize the distractions.
- Remove screen protectors: You want as much tactile feedback as possible. Play on a device without accessories like screen protectors for better tactile feedback.
- Tap on the bottom of the screen: Instead of tapping in the middle, tap at the bottom for a clearer view of the game, allowing for better navigation. A bigger screen thus helps in training like this.
- Increase the volume: Amplifying the sound can help you hear the flapping wings more clearly, aiding in timing crucial maneuvers.
- Compete with friends: Healthy competition with friends can be a motivating factor, pushing you to improve your skills and achieve higher scores.
- Stay calm and collected: Given the game’s difficulty and element of luck, maintaining your poise and lowering blood pressure (through deep breaths) can help mitigate frustration during challenging rounds.
- Sheer persistence: Flappy Bird may not reward perfection, but consistent play can help you develop a better feel for the game’s rhythm. Play in short bursts for optimal results.
We hope that helps you in achieving your highest score on Flappy Bird.