HoYoVerse is putting their gacha revenue money to work. The Genshin Impact developer announced two new projects following the success of their earlier game. Their most recent game, Honkai: Star Rail, was announced in October 2021 and released on April 26, 2023. Now, HoYoVerse is working on Zenless Zone Zero, an action RPG and rouge-like hybrid. The developer announced the game back in May 2022.
What Is Zenless Zone Zero About?
Zenless Zone Zero is an action RPG that plops players in a post-apocalyptic world plagued by Hollows, which are dimensions that disrupt space-time and contain monsters called Ethereal. The game is set in an urban world called New Eridu, which is implied to be one of the few, if not only, human settlements in the world of Zenless Zone Zero. Part of how New Eridu survives is through the extraction of a resource called Ether from the Hollows.
When Will Zenless Zone Zero Be Released?
There is currently no known release date for Zenless Zone Zero; however, some HoYoVerse fans had access to the game’s closed beta. On August 5, 2022, HoYoVerse announced a “Tuning Test” for the game, inviting players to try Zenless Zone Zero.
Stay tuned for updates on when Zenless Zone Zero will be released by bookmarking this article and following the official Zenless Zone Zero Twitter account.
When Is the Next Beta Sign-Up For Zenless Zone Zero?
There is currently no announcement from HoYoVerse about when they plan to open the game up for beta testing again. The most recent beta test batch for Zenless Zone Zero allowed players to signup until July 27, 2022 (12:00 UTC), with the actual beta tests starting on August 5 of that year.
Who Do We Play As in Zenless Zone Zero?
HoYoVerse gives its players a title and player character for every game. While Genshin Impact players are called Travelers and Honkai: Star Rail players are called Trailblazers, the players and player characters of Zenless Zone Zero are called Proxies.
Proxies in Zenless Zone Zero serve as guides and bodyguards for individuals entering the Hollows. There is a female Proxy (Belle) and a male Proxy (Wise) for players to choose from. The Proxies are introduced as siblings and co-owners of a movie store called Random Play. They also work together as a singular Proxy codenamed “Phaeton” under the Proxy Network INTER-KNOT.
Just like previous HoYoVerse games, which star player companions Paimon and Pom-Pom, it is implied that players will receive a mascot companion called Bangboo.
Zenless Zone Zero Factions
Zenless Zone Zero currently has five known playable factions which compete for Ether:
- Belobog Heavy Industries: A company in the infrastructure and construction industry specializing in making heavy machinery for use in Hollows.
- Gentle House: Officially known as the Gentle House but nicknamed Cunning Hares, this faction is a human resources agency that specializes in outsourced work relating to Hollows.
- OBOLS Squad: Not much is known about the OBOLS Squad, but they appear to be a government-related faction. The team is part of a defense force, serving under the Obsidian Division.
- Victoria Housekeeping: Another human resources outsourcing agency, Victoria Housekeeping, is an old-fashioned agency that started out as a housekeeping services provider. Today, they also provide Hollow-related services.
- Section 6: Hollow Special Operations Section 6 is a unit under Hollow Special Operations, a government agency that cleans up Hollow disasters.