The next Battle Pass character in Warhammer 40K: Tacticus has released and features one of the best characters in the game—Isabella. Isabella is a crucial part of unlocking characters through Legendary Release Events (LREs) and is just an all-around great unit. There have been some changes to the way Battle Passes work in Tacticus too, so without further ado, let’s dive into August’s (and partially September’s) new Battle Pass.
Who is Isabella?
First things first, who is Isabella, and why does every player want her? If you don’t have Isabella yet, you’re missing out. Isabella is part of the Adepta Soroitas and is considered to be the best healer in the game. For LREs, where you need to last and defeat hordes of enemies, she makes it insanely easy, thanks to her passive.
Isabella’s Medicus Ministorum heals any adjacent friendly unit whenever they take damage. Oftentimes, this can be more than the damage they’re even going to take, essentially negating everything and keeping them at full health. If you slap Isabella in a corner and surround her with your other units, you essentially have an impenetrable defense and can slowly grind away at the enemies until you win.
Isabella’s Active heals herself and nearby allies, but more importantly, she can bring back a dead ally and up to two summons that died. These units are randomly selected, but bringing back a unit from the dead can instantly turn the tide of battle. Just remember that they come back with almost no health and can’t do anything that turn, so have a plan in place to make sure they survive to the next round.
Besides her Active and Passive, Isabella benefits from Act of Faith like all other Adepta Sororitas units. This trait gives her a +10% Crit Chance and increases her Crit Damage by 25% each time a friendly Imperial unit dies or kills an enemy unit. Once Isabella or another Sororitas unit crits, the bonus resets. Since Isabella should be kept in the back at all costs, you’re not going to see this trait put in too much work on her, but it can be handy in a pinch.
What changed this Battle Pass?
Previously, some rewards like Orbs and Badges would be assigned to a faction at random, irritating players hoping for a well-needed Xenos Badge but instead adding a Chaos Badge to their ever-increasing pile. Now, the devs have stated that there will be no more random Orbs or Badges, and instead, players will have the option to ‘draft’ for whatever they currently need.
This is great since some factions have noticeably fewer units than others in the game (cough, Chaos, cough), resulting in a surplus of Badges and Orbs for those units that are essentially useless until Snowprint releases more characters in that faction.
What rewards are in Isabella’s Battle Pass?
Well, besides enough shards to unlock Isabella (if you buy the pass), there will be countless Badges, Orbs, Salvage, Upgrades, Blackstone, and XP books. If you make it to the very end, you’ll unlock a special Isabella avatar, too. You can also expect 10 Requisition Scrolls. Here’s a full list of everything included in the pass (Premium Reward | Free Reward):
- Level 0: 1 Requisition Scroll | 50 Energy
- Level 1: 50 Blackstone | 10 Blackstone
- Level 2: 4 Common Badges | 5 Rare XP Tomes
- Level 3: 1000 Coins | Common Upgrade Crate
- Level 4: 4 Common Badges | 10 Raid Tickets
- Level 5: 5 Isabella Shards | 2 Isabella Shards
- Level 6: 50 Salvage | 3 Common Badges
- Level 7: 50 Energy | 2 Uncommon Forge Badges
- Level 8: 1 Requisition Scroll | 1000 Coins
- Level 9: 1 Legendary XP Tome | 5 Rare XP Tomes
- Level 10: Rare Upgrade Crate | 3 Isabella Shards
- Level 11: 3 Uncommon Badges | Common Upgrade Crate
- Level 12: 2 Uncommon Forge Badges | 1 Requisition Scroll
- Level 13: 5000 Coins | 5000 Coins
- Level 14: 2 Uncommon Orbs | 10 Raid Tickets
- Level 15: 10 Isabella Shards | Uncommon Upgrade Crate
- Level 16: 1 Requisition Scroll | 25 Salvage
- Level 17: 2 Rare ORbs | 1 Rare Badge
- Level 18: 100 Blackstone | 15 Blackstone
- Level 19: 1 Rare Forge Badge | 1 Epic XP Tome
- Level 20: 2 Rare Badges | 5 Isabella Shards
- Level 21: 1 Epic Forge Badge | 1 Uncommon Badge
- Level 22: 2 Rare Badges | Uncommon Upgrade Crate
- Level 23: Rare Upgrade Crate | 30 Energy
- Level 24: 1 Requisition Scroll | 10 Raid Tickets
- Level 25: 15 Isabella Shards | 2 Uncommon Orbs
- Level 26: Rare Upgrade Crate | 3 Mesh Weave
- Level 27: 2 Legendary XP Tomes | 1 Epic XP Tome
- Level 28: Rare Upgrade Crate | 1 Uncommon Equipment
- Level 29: 1 Epic Equipment | 1 Rare Badge
- Level 30: Rare Upgrade Crate | 5 Isabella Shards
- Level 31: 1 Epic Badge | 1 Classified Data-Slate
- Level 32: 1 Requisition Scroll | 2 Epic XP Tomes
- Level 33: 150 Blackstone | 15 Blackstone
- Level 34: 1 Epic Badge | 10 Raid Tickets
- Level 35: 15 Isabella Shards | Uncommon Upgrade Crate
- Level 36: 3 Legendary XP Tomes | 1 Requisition Scroll
- Level 37: 100 Salvage | 1 Rare Orb
- Level 38: 1 Epic Orb | 50 Salvage
- Level 39: 150 Blackstone | 20 Blackstone
- Level 40: 1 Requisition Scroll | 5 Isabella Shards
- Level 41: 1 Epic Forge Badge | 1 Warp Locus
- Level 42: 1 Legendary Badge | 1 Epic Badge
- Level 43: 1 Runes of Fate | 50 Energy
- Level 44: 1 Legendary Forge Badge | 10 Raid Tickets
- Level 45: 25 Isabella Shards | 1 Rare Item
- Level 46: 1 Legendary Orb | 1 Epic Forge Badge
- Level 47: 1 Requisition Scroll | 1 Epic Orb
- Level 48: Legendary Equipment | 1 Legendary XP Book
- Level 49: 5 Legendary XP Books | 1 Epic Badge
- Level 50: Isabella Portrait | 1 Requisition Scroll
Other Events in Tacticus Alongside the Battle Pass
This event also happens to take place with the start of the One-Year Anniversary Event from August 13th to the 19th. We will also see the release of a new Tyranid faction this month, a special week-long Tournament Arena, an Anniversary Quest Event that also features Isabella on the 16th, and (hopefully) the final part in the Thousand Sons Campaign.
There will also be a Quest Event for Sarquael on the 30th. Lastly, we will be seeing the final Jain Zar event on September 10th, so be sure to keep a lookout for a guide to that, as this will be your last chance to unlock her before she is locked behind Requisition Scrolls. You also might want to keep an eye on our Tacticus Codes page, as Snowprint will definitely be releasing a few over the duration of the event.