Are your enemies in Honkai: Star Rail having too much of a good time? Then it’s time to introduce them to Pela. She will debuff the will-to-live out of their system so the rest of the Astral Express crew can flatten them. For that to happen though, you’ll need to be introduced properly to her via our Pela Honkai: Star Rail guide.
The Best Relics for Pela
Pela comes with the Ice Element in Honkai: Star Rail, which means the perfect relic set for her would be none other than the Hunter of Glacial Forest.
Her Path is The Nihility, meaning she’s primarily a debuffer and can also double as a freeze crowd-control.
Hunter of Glacial Forest
You can farm for the Hunter of Glacial Forest in the Cavern of Corrosion in Storage Zone, Herta Space Station. It shares a relic reward pool with Eagle of Twilight Line which is the best-in-slot (BiS) relic set for Wind DMG characters, so you might want to plan those farming runs.
As for stats and bonuses, Hunter of Glacial Forest has the following:
- 2-Piece Bonus – Increases Ice DMG by 10%.
- 4-Piece Bonus – After the wearer unleashes their Ultimate, their CRIT DMG increases by 25% for 2 turn(s).
Thankfully, Pela’s bread-and-butter ability would be her Ultimate, so that hefty CRIT DMG bonus is great for her. Remember that she won’t be dealing damage primarily, so feel free to aim for the 2-piece bonus and grab another 2-piece relic set like the Musketeer of Wild Wheat.
You’ll also need a Planar Ornament relic set for Pela, so make sure to give her the Pan-Galactic Commercial Enterprise.
Pan-Galactic Commercial Enterprise
The Pan-Galactic Commercial Enterprise focuses on giving its wearer a healthy amount of Effect Hit Rate, which is required for increasing the chance of inflicting a status effect on the target. In this case, Ice DMG from Pela will have a higher chance of freezing enemies.
At the same time, it will also increase Pela’s damage output proportional to her Effect Hit Rate. These are the following stats for the 2-piece Pan-Galactic Commercial Enterprise:
- Increases the wearer’s Effect Hit Rate by 10%.
- Meanwhile, the wearer’s ATK increases by an amount that is equal to 25% of Effect Hit Rate, up to a maximum of 25%.
As you can imagine, Pela thrives well off of having high amounts of Effect Hit Rate. And what we’ll be discussing in our next segment.
Relic Stats to Prioritize
Being a debuff support, Pela’s relic stats are less straightforward compared to that of a DPS or dedicated damage dealer. She’ll need something more specialized– something that can help the damage dealers do their job more effectively.
With that in mind, we mentioned that Effect Hit Rate is the best stat for her. In order of importance, make sure to prioritize these relic stats for Pela:
- Effect Hit Rate (Body)
- Ice DMG (Planar Sphere)
- CRIT Rate / CRIT DMG (Substats)
- SPD (Boots)
- ATK / ATK% (everywere else)
She won’t be a main damage dealer but it’s good to have a bit of Ice DMG to finish off stragglers en masse. Pumping up SPD also ensures that Pela applies her debuffs before the fast damage dealers get to attack. Then of course, Effect Hit Rate is there to ensure that she gets her Planar Ornament bonuses and to make her freeze enemies more frequently.
Best Light Cones for Pela
This is where it gets interesting for Pela. Free-to-play players can rejoice here since we consider ‘Resolution Shines As Pearls of Sweat’ as the best Light Cone for her, narrowly beating Welt’s signature 5-star Light Cone, ‘In the Name of the World.’
The reasoning behind this is that Pela doesn’t really benefit much from using her Skill, unlike from using her Ultimate. ‘In the Name of the World’ demands frequent Skill use.
Meanwhile, ‘Resolution Shines As Pearls of Sweat’ effectively adds another debuff to Pela’s already stellar debuff pool. It also further adds to Pela’s DEF debuff numbers.
Here are the bonuses for ‘Resolution Shines As Pearls of Sweat’:
- When the wearer hits an enemy and if the hit enemy is not already Ensnared, then there is a 60% base chance to Ensnare the hit enemy. Ensnared enemies’ DEF decreases by 12% for 1 turn(s).
You can pump up that Ensnare chance to 100 percent by superimposing which is easy to achieve because this Light Cone is given out like candies during failed Warps.
Sadly, you don’t have many alternatives that synergize with Pela as well as ‘Resolution Shines As Pearls of Sweat.’
One does come to mind, though, namely ‘Eyes of the Prey’, which is great for increasing her Effect Hit Rate. It has the following bonus:
- Increases the wearer’s Effect Hit Rate by 20% and increases DoT by 24%.
But for Pela, you really should try to aim for ‘Resolution Shines As Pearls of Sweat.’ It vastly improves her debuff potential.
Skill Priorities for Pela
You’ll want to focus on Pela’s Ultimate here. It’s simply miles better than her Skill. So the Ultimate comes first. Here’s how to prioritize her abilities, considering level-up resources in Honkai: Star Rail can run out fast.
- Zone Suppression (Ultimate) – Deals Ice DMG equal to 60%–120 of Pela’s ATK to all enemies, with a 100% base chance to inflict Exposed on all enemies. When Exposed, enemies’ DEF is reduced by 30%–45% for 2 turn(s).
- Data Collecting (Talent) – If the enemy is debuffed after Pela’s attack, Pela will restore 5–12.5 extra Energy. This effect can only be triggered 1 time per attack.
- Frostbite (Skill) – Removes 1 buff(s) and deals Ice DMG equal to 105%–262.5% of Pela’s ATK to a single enemy.
- Frost Shot (Basic ATK) – Deals Ice DMG equal to 50%–130% of Pela’s ATK to a single enemy.
Surprisingly, Pela’s Skill is not something you should pay attention to too much since it’s a bit disappointing. Just work towards getting her Ultimate up as frequently as possible.
To level up these abilities, you’ll need copious amounts of these resources:
|Extinguished Core (tier 1)||Obsidian of Dread (tier 1)||Millions of Credits|
|Glimmering Core (tier 2)||Obsidian of Desolation (tier 2)||Guardian’s Lament|
|Squirming Core (tier 3)||Obsidian of Obsession (tier 3)||Tracks of Destiny|
You can obtain most of these through events, quests, and Calyx Dungeons.
Pela Team Composition
As is the case with most support characters, you don’t build a specific team for Pela. Instead, you find teams in which to put her. Truth be told, she excels on just about any team because debuffing all enemies is practically a universal buff to damage dealers.
Pela does have good synergy with the following characters, so you’ll want to include her with these guys and gals:
- Any dedicated damage dealer (Destruction / Hunt / Erudition Paths)
- Tingyun (ensures Pela gets the energy she needs for her Ultimate)
- March 7th / Gepard (good supplementary Ice DMG for perma freeze)
- Welt (additional debuff and to incapacitate enemies)
Again, it’s more important for Pela to be properly built so she can fit in well with any team. Just make sure to follow our recommendations in this Pela Honkai: Star Rail guide to help with her case.