First name March; last name 7th, is one of the first few characters you’re given for free in Honkai: Star Rail. Tragic backstory and sad (but quirky) naming convention aside, March 7th is easily one of the most useful clutch-move characters in the game, thanks to her shield.
She also happens to be one of the best support characters in Honkai: Star Rail– one that doesn’t need much of an investment.
Still, you’d want to give March 7th the recognition and care she deserves. She’ll mostly be keeping your tanks alive and dealing crowd-control Ice damage. Time to clear up your calendar because building March 7th is a long journey, and we’re here to shorten that trip with this March 7th Honkai: Star Rail guide.
The Best Relics for March 7th
Her abilities or combat skills also scale off her DEF values, so pumping that stat is the key to maximizing her usefulness in combat encounters. Her role is primarily to provide a shield for allies and, from time to time, freezing some enemies.
So with March 7th’s role in mind, her best relic set would be the 4-piece Knight of Purity Palace.
Knight of Purity Palace
You can get this relic set from the Cavern of Corrosion in Cloudford in The Xianzhou Luofu region, and it shares a reward pool with the Band of Sizzling Thunder relic set (so it would be best to farm that set while also building a Lightning damage character).
Knight of Purity Palace has the following stats:
- 2-Piece Bonus – Increases DEF by 12%.
- 4-Piece Bonus – Increases the max DMG that can be absorbed by the shield created by the wearer by 20%.
This set mainly caters to March 7th’s skill which gives the shield to a specific ally. Keep in mind that you will be sacrificing a lot of March 7th’s offensive capabilities by going full DEF, but that doesn’t matter much since her damage is low, to begin with.
Also, bear in mind that the Knight of Purity Palace is a Trailblaze Level reward that’s given in a full 4-piece set though the stats are still randomized, and they’re usually only 4-star pieces. If you are farming for it actively, then we advise waiting until at least Trailblazer Level 40 and Equilibrium Level 3 so you can get a guaranteed 5-star relic with each run.
Meanwhile, March 7th also needs a Planar Ornament relic set, so you might as well play more into her strengths by pumping up the DEF values even more using the Belobog of the Architects relic duo.
Belobog of the Architects (Planar Ornament)
You can get this relic set from the Simulated Universe, and like other Planar Ornament relics, it consists of a Planar Sphere and a Link Rope.
Its effects are as follows:
- 2-Piece Bonus – Increases the wearer’s DEF by 15%. When the wearer’s Effect Hit Rate is 50% or higher, the wearer gains an extra 15% DEF.
Note that the second sentence– the extra 15 percent DEF is a bit hard to achieve since you’d need a specific stat for March 7th. Still, increasing her Effect Hit Rate synergizes well with her Ice attacks to increase the chances of freezing the enemies with her Ultimate or her normal attacks.
Likewise, March 7th would be sacrificing relic slots that could have been allotted in increasing her damage, but it’s best to give that role to other characters; so that March 7th can do what she does best.
And to do what she does best, you’d best give her relics with some specific stats.
Relic stats to prioritize
Again, since we’re playing to March 7th’s strengths, increasing her DEF makes her shield tougher. That’s common for Preservation characters in Honkai: Star Rail. So make sure your relics have the following stats in order of importance.
- Effect Hit Rate
- Speed / Energy Regen Rate
Effect Hit Rate is great for March 7th if you chose Belobog of the Architects for her as a Planar Ornament set, as it will let you achieve the second bonus, granting an additional 15 percent DEF.
Everything else is there to ensure that March 7th stays comfortably well near the top of the turn queue; this way, she can actually apply her shields before enemies start chipping away at your crucial characters.
Best Light Cones for March 7th
It’s a permanent Light Cone in all banners, so getting it might be tricky. It’s available in the in-game Store, however. Still, it’s the best Light Cone for March 7th, though if you also have Gepard, you’ll want to give it to him instead.
Moment of Victory (5-star)
Like March 7th’s relics, “Moment of Victory” pumps up her DEF stat and Effect Hit Rate, but it also makes her a hotter target for enemies.
These are the stats and perks for “Moment of Victory”
- Increases the wearer’s DEF by 24% and Effect Hit Rate by 24%.
- Increases the chance for the wearer to be attacked by enemies.
- When the wearer is attacked, increase their DEF by an extra 24% until the end of the wearer’s turn.
It effectively turns the wearer into a tank and you might end up casting March 7th’s skill on her instead of others since her shield will also attract enemy aggression.
Now if you also have Gepard and he needs “Moment of Victory,” or if you don’t have that 5-star weapon, you can always go for March 7th’s signature 4-star weapon or another 4-star alternative that will play to her strengths.
“Day One of My New Life” is March 7th’s signature weapon, and it gives out these stats:
- Increases wearer’s DEF by 16%.
- After entering battle, increases DMG RES of all allies by 8%. Effects of the same type cannot stack.
It won’t turn March 7th into a tank, but it’s good enough at keeping the team alive.
“This is Me!” is another one of March 7th’s 4-star weapons, and it gives out these effects:
- Increases the wearer’s DEF by 16%.
- Increases the DMG of the wearer when they use their Ultimate by 60% of the wearer’s DEF. This effect only applies 1 time per enemy target.
It’s great if you also want March 7th to deal a bit of damage.
Skill Priorities for March 7th
In order of importance, you’d want to level up March 7th’s combat skills in this sequence. Make sure to pour all the resources to max out the first in the ranking. This will be March 7th’s bread-and-butter ability.
- The Power of Cuteness (Skill) – Provides a single ally with a Shield that can absorb DMG equal to 38%–66.5% of March 7th’s DEF plus 190–973.75 for three turns.
- Glacial Cascade (Ultimate) – Deals Ice DMG equal to 90%–180% of March 7th’s ATK to all enemies. Hit enemies have a 50% base chance to be Frozen for a turn.
- Girl Power (Talent) – After a Shielded ally is attacked by an enemy, March 7th immediately Counters, dealing Ice DMG equal to 50%–125% of her ATK. This effect can be triggered twice each turn.
- Frigid Cold Arrow (Basic ATK) – Deals 50%–130% of ATK as Ice DMG to a single enemy.
You’ll just have to keep applying her Power of Cuteness skill ideally every turn, though do consider that the Shield will attract enemy aggression. It’s best to apply it to tank characters or to March 7th herself.
To level up her abilities, you’ll need copious amounts of these resources:
|Thief’s Instinct (tier 1)||Endurance of Bronze (tier 1)||Millions of Credits|
|Usurper’s Scheme (tier 2)||Oath of Steel (tier 2)||Destroyer’s Final Road|
|Conqueror’s Will (tier 3)||Safeguard of Amber (tier 3)||Tracks of Destiny|
You can obtain most of these through events, quests, and Calyx Dungeons.
March 7th Team Composition
Since March 7th is a support character, you don’t really build a team around her. Rather, she’d go well with any team, especially one that doesn’t have a dedicated healer if your account isn’t that diverse yet.
March 7th thus goes well in teams that are built around these characters:
- Clara (arguably, March 7th is Clara’s best support because of the shield and the aggro draw).
- Jing Yuan (March 7th’s area crowd control goes well with Jing Yuan’s area damage).
- Dan Heng (they’re best buds already)
- Pela (goes well with March 7th’s Ice damage crowd control)
- Tingyun (Can restore energy)
But really, you can put March 7th on just about any team as long as the shielder role is not redundant. Just make sure to follow this March 7th Honkai: Star Rail guide to make her ready for any composition.