Since the release of Honkai: Star Rail (HSR), Bronya has emerged as one of the game’s premier starter picks from its cast of 5-Star standard characters.
Part of the Path of Harmony, Bronya is by far the best support character in the game with her incredible versatility, insane buffs, and unique kit that solidly cements her position within the meta.
Whether you’re just starting out your HSR journey or completing the difficult challenges of the Forgotten Hall, here’s everything you need to learn about Bronya.
Best Relic Set and Ornament for Bronya
The best relic set to use on Bronya is by far the Musketeer of Wild Wheat set. The 4-Piece set is generally good for any character but better on Bronya in particular as she greatly benefits from all of its bonuses. Obtaining a full set of this relic is relatively easy to do especially early on as they can be obtained from Treasures and farmed later on in the Path of Drifting of the Cavern of Corrosion.
These are the bonuses that Musketeer of Wild Wheat that gives:
- 2-Piece Bonus – ATK increases by 10%.
- 4-Piece Bonus – The wearer’s SPD increases by 6% and Basic ATK DMG increases by 10%.
There’s also the option of using the Eagle of Twilight Line set. This set boosts Bronya’s personal damage with the buff to Wind DMG on its 2-Piece effect while the 4-Piece effect synergizes well with her Ultimate. You can farm this set in the Path of Gelind Wind of the Cavern of Corrosion.
For reference, here’s what the Eagle of Twilight Line set can give:
- 2-Piece: Increases Wind DMG by 10%.
- 4-Piece: After the wearer uses Ultimate, their action is Advanced Forward by 25%.
There are a lot of Planar Ornament options for Bronya but we’d recommend the Fleet of the Ageless set. Players will get these ornaments as reward drops from World 3 of Simulated Universe.
The Fleet of the Ageless give the following effects:
- 2-Piece: Increases the wearer’s Max HP by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, all allies’ ATK increases by 8%.
The bonuses you get from this set further increase Bronya’s supportive capabilities. While the HP% increase is great in improving her bulk thus allowing her to survive more hits, it’s the secondary ability to boost the party’s ATK once she reaches a certain amount of SPD that makes this the premier choice of ornament for her.
Stats to Prioritize for Bronya
Now that you know which relic sets are the best, it’s time to talk about what stats you should get for Bronya.
As for main stats, here’s what you should aim to get on each piece:
- Body: Crit DMG
- Feet: SPD
- Orb: A Defensive Stat like DEF% or HP%
- Link: Energy Regeneration Rate
A Crit DMG Body piece pairs well with Bronya’s Bonus Ability, Command, which allows her Basic ATK to always crit thus improving Bronya’s personal damage overall. The use of SPD Boots will help Bronya move earlier in the turn order, allow for strategic uses of her skill, and help her meet the requirements of her Ornament set which would further increase the party’s ATK. A defensive stat like DEF% or HP% on her Orb and Energy Regeneration Rate on her Link would be the ideal choice to round out her stats.
SPD should be your top priority when it comes to Bronya’s substats. This is followed closely in importance by Crit DMG, then HP% or DEF%. Bronya would also enjoy other substats like ATK% and Break Effect.
Best Light Cone for Bronya
It’s unsurprising that Bronya’s complementary 5-star Harmony Light Cone ‘But The Battle Isn’t Over‘ is her best-in-slot (BiS) and for good reason: this Light Cone provides Bronya with pretty much everything that she needs.
Here’s a breakdown of But The Battle Isn’t Over’s bonuses:
- Increases the wearer’s Energy Regeneration Rate by 10/12/14/16/18% and regenerates 1 Skill Point when the wearer uses their Ultimate on an ally. This effect can be triggered after every 2 uses of the wearer’s Ultimate. When the wearer uses their Skill, the next ally taking action (except the wearer) deals 30/35/40/45/50% more DMG for 1 turn(s).
The buff it gives to her Energy Regeneration Rate allows her to cast Bronya’s Ultimate, The Belobog March, much quicker and also refunds a skill point every 2 casts. Additionally, the Light Cone’s skill cast effect stacks with Bronya’s skill, Combat Redeployment, for even more damage on her ally’s next action.
This Light Cone provides tons of value that supportive characters would enjoy but you’d be hard-pressed to find a better user than Bronya. You can get this Light Cone either by Warp or by buying it from the Starlight Exchange for 600 Undying Starlight.
If the gacha gods haven’t blessed you with her BiS weapon, don’t fret. Though they’re not as powerful as ‘But The Battle Isn’t Over’, 4-Star Light Cones ‘Past and Future’ and ‘Memories of the Past‘ are viable alternatives that you can use to the same effect.
Equipping the ‘Past and Future’ Light Cone grants Bronya these effects:
- When the wearer uses their Skill, then the next ally taking action (except the wearer) deals 16/20/24/28/32% increased DMG for 1 turn(s).
Meanwhile, here are the bonuses that ‘Memories of the Past’ gives:
- Increases the wearer’s Break Effect by 28/35/42/49/56%. When the wearer attacks, additionally regenerates 4/5/6/7/8 Energy. This effect can only be triggered 1 time per turn.
Choosing between the two comes down to a matter of preference. If you’d like your Bronya to greatly buff her next ally’s damage, then ‘Past and Future’ would be the perfect choice. If you’re running into energy problems for her Ultimate, then consider using ‘Memories of the Past’ to solve those issues.
Regardless of what rarity of Light Cone you have equipped on her, Bronya functions well even with little investment so long as the Light Cones ability synergizes with her Skill and Ultimate.
Bronya Skill Priorities
Here are Bronya’s skills as follows:
- Windrider Bullet (Basic ATK) – Bronya’s basic ATK deals Wind DMG equal to 50 to 110% of Bronya’s ATK to a single enemy.
- Combat Redeployment (Skill) – Bronya’s skill is unique in enabling flexibility within a turn. When cast, it allows the target to immediately take action, cleanse a debuff, and increase their DMG by 33 to 72% for 1 turn. However, Bronya cannot accelerate her own action if the skill is used on herself.
- The Belobog March (Ultimate) – Bronya’s Ultimate is what sets her as one of the best supports currently available in-game. It increases her allies’ ATK by 33% to 59% and increases their CRIT DMG equal to 12/16/17% of Bronya’s CRIT DMG plus 12/20/21% for 2 turns.
- Leading the Way (Talent) – Bronya’s passive talent allows her next action to be advanced forward by 15 to 33% upon using her Basic ATK.
- Banner of Command (Technique) – Bronya’s technique increases all allies’ ATK by 15% for 2 turns in the next battle.
Here’s how we would prioritize her skills:
- Ultimate (The Belobog March)
- Skill (Combat Redeployment)
- Talent (Leading the Way)
- Basic ATK (Windrider Bullet)
Bronya’s Ultimate takes priority above all of her other traces. It gains the most value out of being leveled as the higher levels lead to even bigger buffs. This is followed by her Skill and Talent respectively, with her Skill only seeing a small improvement to her DMG buff per level and her Talent only increasing the amount in which she gets her next action advanced forward by. Bronya’s Basic ATK should be the least of your priority when it comes to leveling since it is already guaranteed to crit and will still hit for a good chunk of damage regardless of level.
Leveling these skills will take up the following resources:
|Silvermane Badge (Tier 1)||Harmonic Tune (Tier 1)||Lots of Credits|
|Silvermane Insignia (Tier 2)||Ancestral Hymn (Tier 2)||Guardian’s Lament|
|Silvermane Medal (Tier 3)||Stellaris Symphony (Tier 3)||Tracks of Destiny|
Some of these resources like the Guardian’s Lament require spending Trailblazing Power on domains or dungeons which limits how quickly you can get these resources. This makes knowing what skills to prioritize a huge boon in efficiently raising your characters.
Best Bronya Team Compositions
Bronya’s strength and flexibility as a support make any team composition with her shine like gold. She can fit into pretty much any team as a fantastic general support. Though Bronya herself can take a hit or two, it’s still highly recommended to run a tank alongside her like the Trailblazer (Fire) to keep her safe from enemy aggression.
Her excellent buffs to ATK and Crit DMG also make her an attractive pick for premium hyper-carry team compositions where the team is built around one character in particular, primarily the team’s DPS. Characters such as Seele or Jing Yuan would enjoy the absurd offensive buffs that she can bring to the party that would make clearing harder challenges a breeze.