Jing Yuan has served as the general of the Xianzhou Luofu for centuries, so you can bet he has the battle experience needed to become useful in your team. Jing Yuan’s strength comes from his follow-up attacks which let him deal damage outside of his turn. Unlike Seele, who mostly just takes another turn, Jing Yuan’s follow-up attacks and follow-up attack buffs synergize with certain Path resonance buffs provided in Simulated Universe.
Simulated Universe aside, Jing Yuan is great in all of the game’s content as well. As a Lightning element character on the Path of Erudition, he’s capable of inflicting generous AoE Lightning DMG on enemies. Not to mention, his Bounce skill makes him decent at inflicting the Break effect on enemies.
Best Relic Set and Ornaments for Jing Yuan
Band of Sizzling Thunder
All of Jing Yuan’s abilities revolve around him personally dealing Lightning DMG to enemies. He also scales entirely on ATK. This makes Band of Sizzling Thunder the best option for your Jing Yuan if you’re going for an all-around build that’s easy to fit into flex slots or mix and match with other teams. Jing Yuan’s Skill and Ultimate benefit greatly from the abilities of this relic set.
The Band of Sizzling Thunder set comes with the following set bonuses:
- 2-Piece Bonus – Increases Lightning DMG by 10%
- 4-Piece Bonus – When the wearer uses their Skill, increases the wearer’s ATK by 2% for 1 turn.
The Band of Sizzling Thunder can be obtained from the Path of Holy Hymn Cavern of Corrosion located in the Cloudford area of the Xianzhou map.
Musketeer of Wild Wheat
If you’re saving your Trailblaze Power for a different farming route, we recommend using the Musketeer of Wild Wheat relic set. It goes on just about anyone as long as they scale off ATK and are expected to deal their own damage. If you have this set with good substats, you’ll likely be better off using it instead of farming a fresh Band of Sizzling Thunder set, especially if you have no other characters who need relics from the Path of Holy Hymn.
The Musketeer of Wild Wheat set comes with the following set bonuses:
- 2-Piece Bonus – ATK increases by 12%.
- 4-Piece Bonus – The wearer’s SPD increases by 6%, and Basic ATK DMG increases by 10%.
The Musketeer of Wild Wheat Set can be found at the Path of Drifting, a Cavern of Corrosion located in the Corridor of Fading Echoes area of the Jarilo-VI map.
Planar Ornaments for Jing Yuan should increase his ATK, Speed, and Crit stats, as he is a rather straightforward damage dealer who doesn’t have any special scaling conditions. We recommend the Space Sealing Station and Inert Salsotto Planar Ornament sets.
- Space Sealing Station: Increases ATK by 12 percent. When your Speed reaches 120 or higher, your ATK increases by an extra 12 percent.
- Inert Salsotto: Increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 8%. When the wearer’s current CRIT Rate reaches 50% or higher, the wearer’s Ultimate and follow-up attack DMG increases by 15%.
Relic Stats to Prioritize for Jing Yuan
The Prana Extirpated (Bounce) skill makes Jing Yuan’s LightningLord receive increased damage based on Jing Yuan’s Speed. Aside from the usuals, like Elemental DMG and ATK, you can use Speed stat and substat relics on Jing Yuan and still get good results. Crit DMG and Crit Rate can also be valuable so you can get more out of Jing Yuan’s higher-level abilities that increase his Crit Rate.
- Body: Crit Rate
- Feet: ATK or Speed
- Planar Sphere: Lightning DMG
- Link Rope: ATK
Best Light Cones for Jing Yuan
Jing Yuan’s signature light cone is Before Dawn, so it only makes sense that it’s his best in-slot weapon. The light cone increases Jing Yuan’s Crit DMG as well as Skill and Ultimate DMG to encourage you to keep using your skill points on him with him. It also stacks on buffs every time you attack with Jing Yuan. These buffs are consumed to increase the damage of his follow-up attacks by a large margin.
Before Dawn’s ability is as follows:
- Increases the wearer’s CRIT DMG by 36%. Increases the wearer’s Skill and Ultimate DMG by 18%. After the wearer uses their Skill or Ultimate, they gain Somnus Corpus. Upon triggering a follow-up attack, Somnus Corpus will be consumed, and the follow-up attack DMG increases by 48%.
Today Is Another Peaceful Day is a fantastic 4-star light cone for Jing Yuan because of how consistent it is. That said, it’s a battle pass weapon, so it’s out of the question if you’re a F2P player. A good option that you can get from the gacha is The Birth of the Self.
While The Birth of Self is designed after Herta, this 4-star light cone rewards Jing Yuan for initiating follow-up attacks and magnifies the strength of his Crit and Break Effect by debuffing enemies after they drop to a certain HP.
- Increases DMG dealt by the wearer’s follow-up attacks by 24%. If the current HP of the target enemy is below 50% of Max HP, increases DMG dealt by follow-up attacks by an extra 24%.
Other good options include The Seriousness of Breakfast and Geniuses’ Repose:
- Geniuses’ Repose: Increases the wearer’s ATK by 16%. When the wearer defeats an enemy, the wearer’s CRIT DMG increases by 24% for 3 turn(s).
- The Seriousness of Breakfast: Increases the wearer’s DMG by 12%. For every defeated enemy, the wearer’s ATK increases by 4%, stacking up to 3 time(s).
Skill Priorities for Jing Yuan
Playing Jing Yuan is less about Playing Jing Yuan and more about playing Lightning-Lord. You want to focus on the parts of his kit that involve the Lightning-Lord and buffs to damage dealt by it. No matter how you feel about playing Jing Yuan, you need to keep Lightning-Lord emerging on the field of battle and dealing as much damage as it can. You can start doing that by upgrading these skills:
- Lightbringer (Ultimate): Deals Lightning DMG equal to 120% of Jing Yuan’s ATK to all enemies and increases Lightning-Lord’s attack count by 3 for the next turn.
- Rifting Zenith (Skill): Deals Lightning DMG equal to 50% of Jing Yuan’s ATK to all enemies and increases Lightning-Lord’s Hits Per Action by 2 for the next turn.
- Prana Extirpated (Bounce): Summons Lightning-Lord at the start of the battle. Lightning-Lord has 60 base SPD and 3 base attack count, and its attacks are considered follow-up attacks. Each count of Lightning-Lord’s attack deals Lightning DMG equal to 33% of Jing Yuan’s ATK to a single enemy, whose adjacent targets also receive Lightning DMG equal to 25% of the DMG dealt to the main target. The Lightning-Lord’s attack count can reach a max of 10. Every time Lightning-Lord’s attack count increases by 1, its SPD increases by 10. After the action ends, SPD and attack count return to their base values. When Jing Yuan is knocked down, the Lightning-Lord will disappear. When Jing Yuan is affected by Crowd Control debuff, the Lightning-Lord is unable to take action.
- Spirit Invocation (Technique): After using Jing Yuan’s Technique, Lightning-Lord’s attack count in the first turn increases by 3 at the start of the next battle.
- Lux Ignis (Normal Attack): Jing Yuan deals Lightning DMG equal to 50% of his ATK to a single enemy.
To upgrade those traces and skills, you’ll need:
|Key of Inspiration (Tier 1)
|Immortal Scionette (Tier 1)
|Tracks of Destiny
|Key of Knowledge (Tier 2)
|Immortal Aeroblossom (Tier 2)
|Destroyer’s Final Road
|Key of Wisdom (Tier 3)
|Immortal Lumintwig (Tier 3)
Jing Yuan Team Composition
Jing Yuan’s teams star him as a sub-DPS that deals AoE DMG rather than the main star of the show. He fits the typical Tank/Healer – Support – Sub DPS – DPS combination you see in most games, so you won’t have to start a new team from scratch just to accommodate him. That said, Jing Yuan benefits greatly from having specific team members, so if you can spare them from a different team, you’ll want to give them to him.
- Tingyun is the only non-exchangeable support for Jing Yuan. She does everything from regenerating Energy for his Lightning-Lord to increasing ATK to buffing his Lightning DMG. As much as possible, don’t separate these two.
- Asta or Pela can help increase Jing Yuan’s end damage output by giving Jing Yuan more Speed for his Lightning-Lord to convert damage from (Asta) or weakening enemies (Pela).
- Preservation Trailblazer, Clara, or Gepard serve as good shielders and tanks for your Jing Yuan.
- Natasha, Luocha, and Bailu to fill the slot of a healer if your team’s defensive capabilities aren’t good enough. Any healer on the path of the Abundance will do the job.
- Serval fills the same role as Jing Yuan so they do compete for a spot on your team. If you have no other options and still have a team slot open, you can add Serval just so you can keep a synergy going around the Shock effect which deals Lightning DMG DoT. Serval can extend the duration of Shock so you may want to consider it before benching her all together in favor of Jing Yuan.