All Honkai: Star Rail (HSR) characters follow a Path, of which there are 18. Not every Path has been released, and some have only been mentioned in lore, but one of the more extraordinary Paths in the game is the Hunt. This Path focuses on a high amount of single-target damage, and the characters that follow this Path are the main damage dealers against Elite Enemies. Here’s everything you need to know about the Hunt Path in Honkai: Star Rail.
What Is the Hunt Path in Honkai: Star Rail?
The Hunt is one of seven Paths that characters in HSR can follow. The Hunt is represented by the Aeon named Lan. Lore-wise, Lan hates Yaoshi the Abundance and all the undead abominations created by them. The in-game characters that fall under the Path of the Hunt tend to be DPS, single-target damage dealers that excel at taking down larger enemies such as elites. Each character in the Hunt Path deals different elemental damage.
This means that the Hunt characters should deal better single-target damage than characters on the Destruction Path, which try to deal both single-target and AoE damage. Likewise, Erudition characters will deal better AoE damage than characters within the Destruction Path.
Hunt Light Cones
There are 11 light cones in total that you can use with characters on the Hunt Path. These Light Cones can do a variety of things, like increase your character’s SPD, their CRIT rate, and even their ATK. To understand which Light Cones are the best ones to use with your character, you should check out our individual character guides.
5-Star Hunt Light Cones
- Cruising in the Stellar Sea: Increases the wearer’s CRIT rate by 8~16% and increases their CRIT rate against enemies with HP less than or equal to 50% by an extra 8~16%. When the wearer defeats an enemy, their ATK is increased by 20~40% for 2 turn(s).
- In the Night: Increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 18~30%. While the wearer is in battle, for every 10 SPD that exceeds 100, the DMG of the wearer’s Basic ATK and Skill is increased by 6~10% and the CRIT DMG of their Ultimate is increased by 12~20%. This effect can stack up to 6 time(s).
- Sleep Like the Dead: Increases the wearer’s CRIT DMG by 30~50%. When the wearer’s Basic ATK or Skill does not result in a CRIT Hit, increases their CRIT Rate by 36~60% for 1 turn. This effect can be only triggered 1 time every 3 turn(s).
4-Star Hunt Light Cones
- Only Silence Remains: Increases the wearer’s ATK by 16~32%. If there are 2 or fewer enemies on the field, increases wearer’s CRIT Rate by 12~24%.
- Return to Darkness: Increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 12~24%. After a CRIT Hit, there is a 16~32% fixed chance to dispel 1 buff on the target enemy. This effect can only trigger 1 time per attack.
- River Flows in Spring: After entering battle, increases the wearer’s SPD by 8~12% and DMG by 12~24%. When the wearer takes DMG, this effect will disappear. This effect will resume after the end of the wearer’s next turn.
- Subscribe for More!: Increases the DMG of the wearer’s Basic ATK and Skill by 24~48%. This effect increases by an extra 24~48% when the wearer’s current Energy reaches its max level.
- Swordplay: For each time the wearer hits the same target, DMG dealt increases by 8~16%, stacking up to 5 time(s). This effect will be dispelled when the wearer changes targets.
3-Star Hunt Light Cones
- Adversarial: When the wearer defeats an enemy, increases SPD by 10~18% for 2 turn(s).
- Arrows: At the start of the battle, the wearer’s CRIT Rate increases by 12~24% for 3 turn(s).
- Darting Arrow: When the wearer defeats an enemy, increases ATK by 24~48% for 3 turn(s).
Hunt Path Characters in Honkai: Star Rail
There are currently only four characters in-game that are on the Hunt Path. After progressing through the story a little, you’ll start the game with Dan Heng, but you’ll have to get lucky and pull the others.
1. Dan Heng (Wind, 4-star)
Dan Heng deals Wind damage and is an excellent single-target damage dealer for new players. He is a train guard and archivist of the Astral Express and joined to escape his past. You’ll get him for free during the Trailblaze Mission “Eye of the Storm.”
2. Sushang (Physical, 4-star)
Sushang is a Physical damage dealer who wishes to become a renowned historical figure. Like other characters on the Path of the Hunt, you can expect lots of single-target damage thanks to her Ultimate and Skill, but she can deal damage to every enemy thanks to her Technique if you use her to start the battle.
3. Seele (Quantum, 5-star)
Nicknamed “Babochka” (Russian for Butterfly), Seele is a 5-star character that deals high amounts of single-target Quantum damage. Her backstory is that she is a key member of Wildfire, a peacekeeping faction in Belobog’s Underworld. Her Technique is useful for evading enemies since it gives her Stealth for 20 seconds, and her Talent makes her especially deadly by boosting her damage and giving her an extra turn after defeating an enemy.
4. Yanqing (Ice, 5-star)
Yanqing is the other 5-star Hunt character. The only way to get him right now is by pulling him, so good luck if you’re trying to add him to your roster. Yanqing deals single-target Ice damage and can easily buff himself thanks to his Soulsteel Sync buff.