Everything is ordained by the stars, but Asta’s the one who decides if your team takes their turn before the enemy does. The lead astrologer of the Herta Space Station may be a support character, but she enables your team to take deal more damage and strategize before the enemy can make their next attack. It certainly doesn’t hurt that Asta is good at applying the Break effect, making her a great pick for a Fire DMG dealer if you don’t want to run Hook or Preservation Trailblazer.
Best Relic Set and Ornaments for Asta
Messenger Traversing Hackerspace
Speed is the name of the game when it comes to Asta. To make sure she can keep pushing your team’s turn forward, you’ll have to keep her ahead of enemies first. This relic set increases Asta’s speed and plays nicely with 4-star light cone options that work with Asta. The Messenger Traversing Hackerspace set also shares a SPD buff with the rest of your team, making it a great set to carry on any support character.
Messenger Traversing Hackerspace has the following set bonuses:
- 2-Piece Set – Increases SPD by 6%.
- 4-Piece Set – When the wearer uses their Ultimate on an ally, SPD for all allies increases by 12% for 1 turn(s). This effect cannot be stacked.
You can find Messenger Traversing Hackerspace in the Path of Elixir Seekers Cavern of Corrosion located in the Alchemy Commission area of the Xianzhou map.
Thief of Shooting Meteor
Asta is fantastic at inflicting the Break effect on enemies, which weakens them and leaves them open to attacks from team members whose turns your Asta just pushed forward. Her generous Fire AoE and Bounce skill effect let her take down the Toughness bars of several enemies in one turn, more so if they have the Fire weakness. This makes Asta one of the few characters that benefit from Break Effect stats provided by Thief of Shooting Meteor.
Thief of Shooting Meteor has the following set bonuses:
- 2-Piece Set – Increases Break Effect by 16%.
- 4-Piece Set – Increases the wearer’s Break Effect by 16%. When the wearer inflicts Weakness Break on an enemy, regenerates 3 Energy.
The Thief of Shooting Meteor set can be obtained from the Path of Jabbing Punch Cavern of Corrosion located in the Silvermane Guard Restricted Zone area of the Jarilo-VI map.
For Asta’s Planar Ornaments, it’s best to use the following:
- Sprightly Vonwacq: Increases the wearer’s Energy Regeneration Rate by 5%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, the wearer’s action is Advanced Forward by 40% immediately upon entering battle.
- Fleet of the Ageless: Increases the wearer’s Max HP by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, all allies’ ATK increases by 8%.
Relic Stats to Prioritize for Asta
As a character whose Ultimate provides the most benefit for the team, Asta values the Energy Regen stat as it lets her get her Ultimate active faster. Additionally, she also scales off ATK, so relics with the ATK stat and ATK substat are useful on her. Since she’s good for inflicting Break, her offensive potential can be optimized with Crit Rate, Crit DMG< or even Break Effect.
- Body: Crit Rate or Crit DMG
- Feet: ATK
- Planar Sphere: Fire DMG
- Link Rope: Energy Regen
Best Light Cones for Asta
The Battle Isn’t Over
The Battle Isn’t Over is the default best-in-slot light cone for any Harmony character — at least until there’s a better one. This light cone’s ability is centered on regenerating skill points and improving Energy Regen, allowing Asta to activate her Ultimate, Astral Blessing, much faster.
The Battle Isn’t Over’s ability is as follows:
- Increases the wearer’s Energy Regeneration Rate by 10% and regenerates 1 Skill Point when the wearer uses their Ultimate on an ally. This effect can be triggered after every 2 uses of the wearer’s Ultimate. When the wearer uses their Skill, the next ally taking action (except the wearer) deals 30% more DMG for 1 turn(s).
Dance! Dance! Dance! is a simple and consistent budget alternative to run with your Asta. Other viable options include Planetary Rendezvous and Carve the Moon, Weave the Clouds. However, they tend to be more dependent on the kind of team you run and for certain conditions to be met for their ability to trigger. Dance! Dance! Dance! isn’t rocket science, it just makes a speedy team that runs Asta even faster.
Dance! Dance! Dance! has the following ability:
- When the wearer uses their Ultimate, all allies’ actions are Advanced Forward by 16%.
Skill Priorities for Asta
- Astral Blessing (Ultimate): Increases SPD of all allies by 36 for 2 turn(s).
- Meteor Storm (Skill): Deals Fire DMG equal to 25% of Asta’s ATK to a single enemy with 4 more bombardments. Each bombardment deals Fire DMG equal to 25% of Asta’s ATK to a random enemy.
- Astrometry (Talent): Gains 1 stack of Charging for every different enemy hit by Asta plus an extra stack if the enemy hit has Fire Weakness. For every Charging stack Asta has, all allies’ ATK increases by 7%, up to 5 time(s). Starting from her second turn, Asta’s Charging stack count is reduced by 3 at the beginning of every turn.
- Spectrum Beam (Normal Attack): Deals Fire DMG equal to 50% of Asta’s ATK to a single enemy.
To upgrade those abilities, you will need the following:
|Harmonic Tune (Tier 1)
|Silvermane Badge (Tier 1)
|Tracks of Destiny
|Ancestral Hymn (Tier 2)
|Silvermane Insignia (Tier 2)
|Destroyer’s Final Road
|Stellaris Symphony (Tier 3)
|Silvermane Medal (Tier 3)
Asta Team Composition
Asta’s co-researchers can be just about anyone because a lot of characters benefit from Honkai: Star Rail wouldn’t mind getting a turn faster. That said, Asta’s kit can be more useful to characters that can exploit the way she leaves enemies open for damage after inflicting Break. Her kit offers buffs, and Burning (Fire DoT) DMG increases for any other team member that shares her element.
- Preservation Trailblazer, Hook, and Himeko are Fire element characters that benefit from Asta’s Ignite (Bonus Ability) and Sparks (Bonus Ability).
- Gepard benefits from being able to take his turn sooner because you get to put up a shield faster and save more skill points.
- Pela, Silver Wolf, or Welt are characters on the Path of Nihility, so they can add make enemies vulnerable to Fire DMG if they aren’t already, making Asta’s Breaks more effective.