After HoYoVerse teased the players with Silver Wolf during the Honkai: Star Rail tutorial mission, she’s finally here to hack into our hearts and our herta space stations. She offers a unique role and ability– the first in Honkai: Star Rail. So a Silver Wolf Honkai: Star Rail guide is warranted.
Silver Wolf is the only character right now that’s capable of forcing or changing an enemy’s weakness and this allows for more rigid team compositions (like mono-element teams). Of course, you’d still need to give her the proper build starting with her relics, Light Cones, and skills.
The Best Relics for Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf has the Quantum Element, meaning there’s really only one relic set that’s best for her and that’s the Genius of Brilliant Stars, the same best-in-slot (BIS) relic set for Seele and Qingque.
Silver Wolf’s abilities are pretty straightforward and most of them scale off of her ATK stat and Quantum DMG stat.
Genius of Brilliant Stars
You can farm Genius of Brilliant Stars in the Cavern of Corrosion in Everwinter Hill, Jarilo-VI. The relic set shares the same reward pool with Guard of Wuthering Snow which is great for Preservation or Destruction characters (or anyone tanky).
These are the stats and bonuses for Genius of Brilliant Stars:
- 2-Piece Bonus – Increases Quantum DMG by 10%.
- 4-Piece Bonus – When the wearer deals DMG to the target enemy, ignores 10% DEF. If the target enemy has Quantum Weakness, the wearer additionally ignores 10% DEF.
It’s also worth noting that Silver Wolf deals decent damage herself so the 4-piece bonus helps her a lot here in finishing off stragglers.
As for her Planar Ornaments, you’ll want to go for Pan-Galatic Commercial Enterprise.
Pan-Galactic Commercial Enterprise (Planar Ornament)
You can obtain this set in the Simulated Universe. It focuses on giving Silver Wolf more Effect Hit Rate so that her attacks are more likely to inflict their’s element’s corresponding status effect. In this case, the Quantum Element can trigger the Entanglement debuff which delays the target’s action and deals additional Quantum DMG.
The Pan-Galactic Commercial Enterprise also comes with the following bonus:
- 2-Piece Bonus – Increases the wearer’s Effect Hit Rate by 10%. Meanwhile, the wearer’s ATK increases by an amount that is equal to 25% of Effect Hit Rate, up to a maximum of 25%.
For that matter, you’ll also want to stack a lot of Effect Hit Rate for Silver Wolf along with some other nifty and game-changing stats included in her BiS relic sets.
Relic Stats to Prioritize
Despite having decent damage numbers, it’s still best to play to Silver Wolf’s strengths, which is her support capabilities. She thrives off Effect Hit Rate due to her debuffs and the way her abilities work.
She can change weaknesses (with a fairly high chance), but for you to be able to take advantage of that, Silver Wolf also needs to be fast and on top of the turn queue. So here are the stats you want for her relics (both main stats and sub-stats) from most to least important:
- Quantum DMG (Orb)
- Effect Hit Rate (Body)
- Speed (Boots)
- ATK% / Energy Regeneration Rate (anywhere else)
- Break Effect / CRIT (Body, as a placeholder)
Ideally, you’d want your Silver Wolf relics to each have one of the first four stats mentioned as the main stat. And it goes without saying that a body piece relic with the wearer’s element as a main stat is mandatory.
Best Light Cones for Silver Wolf
Being a featured and new 5-star character, Silver Wolf comes with her own signature 5-star Light Cone, and sure enough, it’s her BiS gear. It’s called ‘Incessant Rain.’ It offers the most synergy with her abilities and her play style while also giving her an overpowered bonus or perk.
If you got lucky with the weapon, use it. If not, then just ogle at these ‘Incessant Rain’ stats and bonuses:
- Increases the wearer’s Effect Hit Rate by 24%.
- When the wearer deals DMG to an enemy that currently has 3 or more debuffs, increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 12%.
- After the wearer uses their Basic ATK, Skill, or Ultimate, there is a 100% base chance to implant Aether Code on a random hit target that does not yet have it. Targets with Aether Code receive 12% increased DMG for 1 turn.
That’s a lot of effects. And it certainly locks Silver Wolf into the devastating support role. With this weapon, you might want to pair her with another crowd-control support character, such as Welt or Pela.
We can’t all be lucky with Silver Wolf’s ‘Incessant Rain.” Luckily, Honkai: Star Rail also included an accompanying quest event released alongside Silver Wolf, called ‘Starhunt Game,’ where players must find traces of Silver Wolf’s hacking and tampering inside Herta Space Station.
‘Starhunt Game’ will reward players with the ‘Before the Tutorial Mission Starts’ Light Cone. It’s a decent piece of gear for Silver Wolf that comes with the following bonuses:
- Increases the wearer’s Effect Hit Rate by 20%
- When the wearer attacks enemies that have reduced DEF, regenerate 4 Energy.
You better hurry up and grab it as there are only a few days left before ‘Starhunt Game’ expires, and there’s no telling whether ‘Before the Tutorial Mission Starts’ will be available again or not.
As for the weapon’s effectiveness, it’s like a junior version of ‘Incessant Rain’ that also provides Silver Wolf with more stamina for spamming her Skill. Speaking of which, it’s time to see which of Silver Wolf’s abilities are worth the resource investment.
Skill Priorities for Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf’s bread-and-butter combat skill would be her Skill. Because as we have mentioned before, it allows her to change weaknesses in combat encounters for a more favorable advantage, and it’s also a fitting ability for her as a hacker.
So when you’re allocating those hard-earned leveling resources, make sure to follow this priority scale, from most important to least important:
- Allow Changes? (Skill) – There is a 75%–90% base chance to add 1 Weakness of an on-field ally’s Type to the target enemy. This also reduces the enemy’s DMG RES to that Weakness Type by 20% for 2 turn(s). If the enemy already has that Type of Weakness, the effect of DMG RES reduction to that Weakness Type will not be triggered. Each enemy can only have 1 Weakness implanted by Silver Wolf. When Silver Wolf implants another Weakness to the target, only the most recent implanted Weakness will be kept. In addition, there is a 100% base chance to further reduce the All-Type RES of the enemy by 7.5%–11.25% for 2 turn(s). Deals Quantum DMG equal to 98%–245% of Silver Wolf’s ATK to this enemy.
- User Banned (Ultimate) – There’s a 85%–107.5% base chance to decrease the target enemy’s DEF by 36%–49.5% for 3 turn(s). And at the same time, deals Quantum DMG equal to 228%–456% of Silver Wolf’s ATK to the target enemy.
- Awaiting System Response… (Talent) – Silver Wolf can create three types of Bugs: reduce ATK by 5%–12.5%, reduce DEF by 4%–10%, and reduce SPD by 3%–7.5%. Every time Silver Wolf attacks, she has a 60%–78% base chance to implant a random Bug that lasts for 3 turn(s) in the enemy target.
- System Warning (Basic ATK) – Deals Quantum DMG equal to 50%–130% of Silver Wolf’s ATK to a single enemy.
To level up these abilities, you’ll need copious amounts of these resources:
|Ancient Part (tier 1)||Obsidian of Dread (tier 1)||Millions of Credits|
|Ancient Spindle (tier 2)||Obsidian of Desolation (tier 2)||Destroyer’s Final Road|
|Ancient Engine (tier 3)||Obsidian of Obsession (tier 3)||Tracks of Destiny|
You can obtain most of these through events, quests, and Calyx Dungeons.
Silver Wolf Pack (Team Composition)
Despite being a support character, you can actually get away with building teams around Silver Wolf. As we stated before, you can run any mono-element team (discounting Silver Wolf’s element) as long as it’s complete with a healer, tank, and DPS (Erudition or Hunt).
You can also run dual-element teams (with Quantum strictly as the other half) as it won’t ruin Silver Wolf’s random chance of changing a weakness based on your team composition’s elements.
Try out these compositions for Silver Wolf:
- Silver Wolf / Yanqing / Pela / March 7th (or Gepard) (the ultimate freeze team)
- Silver Wolf / Seele / Natasha / Clara (Quantum–Physical dual team)
- Silver Wolf / Jing Yuan (or Serval) / Arlan / Bailu (shock team)
- Silver Wolf / Clara / Natasha / Trailblazer (Physical) (Physical beatdown team)
- Silver Wolf / Trailblazer (Fire) / Himeko / Asta (kamikaze fire team)
You can experiment more with your Silver Wolf teams. You’ll find that she enables a lot of creative and thematic team compositions that can power through any obstacle as long as you get lucky with her Skill and as long as you follow this Silver Wolf Honkai: Star Rail guide.