Playing a gacha game like Honkai: Star Rail (HSR) is already a gamble on its own but imagine playing a character within the game whose gimmick is all about gambling for the right pieces. If that sounds like fun, then Qingque, Celestial Jade extraordinaire, is perfect for you.
Qingque, a character from the Path of Erudition, is one of the many diviners of the Xianzhou Luofu and takes the cake for having the most RNG-reliant kit in the game.
Her abilities might be dependent on luck, but building her character won’t be with the help of this guide. So get ready to play a round of Celestial Jade because we’re starting things off with…
The Best Relic Set and Ornament for Qingque
Qingque’s tiles deal Quantum DMG and, as such, would benefit greatly from using the Genius of Brilliant Stars set. You can get relics from this set in the Path of Providence of the Cavern of Corrosion in exchange for Trailblaze Power.
The Genius of Brilliant Stars set grants these bonuses:
- 2-Piece Bonus – Increases Quantum DMG by 10%.
- 4-Piece Bonus – When the wearer deals DMG to the target enemy, ignores 10% DEF. If the target enemy has Quantum Weakness, the wearer additionally ignores 10% DEF.
While it’s usually more effective to run 4 pieces of a full relic set to get their specific niche effect, Qingque can use a setup where you’d run 2 pieces of Genius of Brilliant Stars and 2 pieces of Musketeer of Wild Wheat to great results.
This mixed setup would give Qingque the following effects:
- 2-Piece Genius of Brilliant Stars – Increases Quantum DMG by 10%.
- 2-Piece Musketeer of Wild Wheat – ATK increases by 12%
It will still give Qingque that increase to her Quantum DMG but trades the ability to ignore 10% of an enemy’s defense for an overall increase to her ATK instead. So if you’re struggling to get the right pieces to drop for a 4-Piece set, dividing them into sets of two would be an acceptable substitute.
For Qingque’s Planar Ornament, using the Space Sealing Station set works well in giving her attacks some more weight. This ornament set can be obtained from World 3 of the Simulated Universe.
Wearing a full set of Space Stealing Station gives:
- Increases the wearer’s ATK by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, the wearer’s ATK increases by an extra 12%.
The ATK% makes for a consistent upgrade to Qingque’s damage. It’s also fairly easy for her to meet the SPD requirement necessary to get the other bonus.
Stats to Prioritize for Qingque
These would be your ideal stat priority on your relic pieces:
- Body: CRIT Rate
- Feet: SPD or ATK%
- Orb: Quantum DMG
- Line: ATK%
All the CRIT DMG in the world would be useless if you can’t reliably crit, so a CRIT Rate body piece can solve that issue. You can go with either SPD or ATK% for her boots, depending on what you need to round out your stats. For her orb, Quantum DMG is the obvious choice, while ATK% is perfect for her Line.
Every DPS character will be familiar with the all-important CRIT numbers, so try to get as many CRIT stats in your substats. Players should aim for that sweet spot of having a 1:2 ratio of CRIT Rate to CRIT DMG. Qingque would also appreciate getting ATK% whenever she can to get those big damage numbers. Speed is generally good on any character to allow them to act quicker and more often in battle.
Best Light Cone for Qingque
Premium 5-Star Light Cones often give the best of effects along with a hefty boost to its wearer’s stats. With the release of Jing Yuan’s limited banner came his complementary Light Cone, ‘Before Dawn,’ and many have lauded it as the strongest light cone to date.
Here’s why Before Dawn is insanely OP:
- Increases the wearer’s CRIT DMG by 36/42/48/54/60%. Increases the wearer’s Skill and Ultimate DMG by 18/21/24/27/30%. After the wearer uses their Skill or Ultimate, they gain Somnus Corpus. Upon triggering a follow-up attack, Somnus Corpus will be consumed, and the follow-up attack DMG increases by 48/56/64/72/80%.
Not only does it give Qingque a significant amount of CRIT DMG right off the bat, but it also increases her Skill and Ultimate DMG. It’s so good that this Light Cone is worth using on her just for those buffs alone, even if she can’t necessarily make use of the Somnus Corpus ability. The only true downside to Before Dawn is that there’s currently no way to obtain it since its banner, Brilliant Fixation, has passed. You can expect it to return once Jing Yuan gets a rerun, but there’s no way to tell when that would happen just yet.
If you missed your chance to get ‘Before Dawn’, ‘Night on the Milky Way’ is another Light Cone that you should consider using on our Celestial Jade master.
For reference, Night on the Milky Way grants the wearer this ability:
- For every enemy on the field, increases the wearer’s ATK by 9/10.5/12/13.5/15%, up to 5 stacks. When an enemy is inflicted with Weakness Break, the DMG dealt by the wearer increases by 30/35/40/45/50% for 1 turn.
Qingque enjoys fighting waves of enemies due to her ability that turns her single-target basic ATK to its enhanced area-of-effect (AoE) version, which synergizes with Night on the Milky Way’s stacking effect. This Light Cone lets her deal more damage against enemies suffering from Weakness Break, allowing her to finish them off before they can recover. ‘Before Dawn’ will still be better in general, but ‘Night on the Milky Way’ is comparable for battles that involve multiple enemies.
If you haven’t been as lucky in warping for those premium Light Cones, chances are that you’re going to have to settle for using a 4-Star Light Cone instead. Fortunately for you, ‘The Seriousness of Breakfast’ and ‘Today is Another Peaceful Day’ are fantastic 4-Star options with effects that go well with Qingque’s abilities.
The Seriousness of Breakfast gives the following bonuses:
- Increases the wearer’s DMG by 12/15/18/21/24%. For every defeated enemy, the wearer’s ATK increases by 4/5/6/7/8%, stacking up to 3 time(s).
Meanwhile, Today is Another Peaceful Day grants these effects:
- After entering battle, increase the wearer’s DMG based on their Max Energy. DMG increases by 0.2/0.25/0.3/0.35/0.4% per point of Energy, up to 160 Energy.
The Seriousness of Breakfast’s effect is fairly straightforward. It buffs the wearer’s overall damage while also giving them the potential to stack additional buffs when faced with multiple enemies at once. On the other hand, Today is Another Peaceful Day turns one of Qingque’s downsides into part of her strength. As of Version 1.1, Qingque ties with both Jing Yuan and Yanqing for having the most expensive ultimate cost at 140 energy. This makes Qingque one of the best users for this light cone as she’ll receive a higher damage buff return per point of her Max Energy.
Both options have their pros and cons but ‘The Seriousness of Breakfast’ has a slight edge over its competition due to its availability. This light cone can be obtained as a reward for completing the ‘To Rot or To Burn’ Trailblaze Mission, be collected as a rare drop for completing the weekly Echo of War, or can be bought in the Light Cone Manifest shop for 200 Lucent Afterglow. This is compared to Today is Another Peaceful Day which is only available upon buying the Nameless Glory of Nameless Honor.
Qingque Skill Priorities
Here’s a breakdown of Qingque’s skills:
- Flower Pick (Basic ATK) – Qingque’s basic ATK tosses 1 jade tile from the suit with the fewest tiles in hand to deal Quantum DMG equal to 50 to 110% of Qingque’s ATK to a single enemy.
- Cherry on Top! (Enhanced Basic) – This is the enhanced version of her basic ATK. It deals Quantum DMG ranging from 120 to 264% of Qingque’s ATK to a single enemy and deals additional Quantum DMG equal to 50 to 110% of Qingque’s ATK to enemies adjacent to it. However, this cannot recover Skill Points.
- A Scoop of Moon (Skill) – Immediately draws 2 jade tile(s) and increases DMG by 14 to 31% until the end of the current turn. You can use this skill as many times as you want, but the buff can only stack up to 4 times.
- A Quartet? Woo-hoo! (Ultimate) – Her ultimate deals Quantum DMG equal to 120 to 216% of Qingque’s ATK to all enemies and obtains 4 jade tiles of the same suit.
- Celestial Jade (Talent) – When an ally’s turn starts, Qingque randomly draws 1 tile from 3 different suits and can hold up to 4 tiles at one time. If Qingque starts her turn with 4 tiles of the same suit, she consumes all tiles to enter the “Hidden Hand” state. While in this state, Qingque cannot use her Skill again. At the same time, Qingque’s ATK increases by 36 to 79%, and her Basic ATK “Flower Pick” is enhanced, becoming “Cherry on Top!” The “Hidden Hand” state ends after using “Cherry on Top!”.
- Game Solitaire (Technique) – After using Technique, Qingque draws 2 jade tiles when the battle starts.
This is how we would prioritize her skills:
- Basic ATK (Flower Pick / Cherry on Top!)
- Skill (A Scoop of Moon)
- Ultimate (A Quartet? Woo-hoo!)
- Talent (Celestial Jade)
Everything in Qingque’s kit revolves around stacking her damage with her skill before delivering tons of damage with Cherry on Top, so maxing her Basic ATK first is the priority, followed by her skill. Even though her Ultimate deals a great amount of damage, players would mostly use it as an easy refresher for Cherry on Top. Leveling her Talent only leads to a minimal increase in her ATK, so this is a safe choice to level last.
Leveling these skills will take up the following resources:
|Thief’s Instinct (Tier 1)||Key of Inspiration (Tier 1)||Lots of Credits|
|Usurper’s Scheme (Tier 2)||Key of Knowledge (Tier 2)||Guardian’s Lament|
|Conqueror’s Will (Tier 3)||Key of Wisdom (Tier 3)||Tracks of Destiny|
Resources like Guardian’s Lament and Key of Wisdom require spending Trailblaze Power. The limited Trailblaze power timegates the collecting process, so it’s important to know which skills are better off being upgraded first.
Best Qingque Team Compositions
Qingque ultimately functions as a DPS. She has good offensive capabilities, but her defense is lacking. You will want to pair her up with teammates that could further bolster her damage or keep her from getting knocked out.
These characters would make for the perfect playmates with your Qingque
- Natasha (For heals and skill point refresh)
- Silver Wolf (The perfect Quantum support for her)
- Tingyun or Bronya (To stack more buffs on her tiles)
- Gepard or Trailblazer MC (Fire) (To provide shields and taunts)
Qingque might be a slacker, but her damage is far from lacking if provided with buffs and protection. Use her enough times, and you will be addicted to gambling your way to victory too.