In HoYoverse’s Honkai: Star Rail (HSR), players embark on a voyage with the Astral Express as it traverses the cosmos, solving Stellaron Crises one after another. One such crisis unfolded on the planet Jarilo-VI, where an enduring Eternal Freeze has persisted for centuries and where the City of Belobog has continued to survive. Despite the harsh conditions outside Belobog’s walls, there are individuals like Lynx who are driven to explore the snowy expanse.
Lynx is the youngest daughter of Belobog’s noble Landau family and is the sibling of playable characters Serval and Gepard. This renowned polar explorer possesses extensive knowledge of first aid, faithfully following the Path of Abundance. Armed with her dependable icepick and a thermos tucked away in her pack, she embarks on a quest to unravel the mysteries beyond the cold and see the beautiful auroras for herself.
Get ready to stay warm and snug as we delve into everything you need to know about Lynx in this Honkai: Star Rail guide.
Best Relic Set and Ornament for Lynx
In a turn-based game like HSR, SPD is easily one of the best stats to have. So far, only the Messenger Traversing Hackerspace set is able to grant a speed boost to its wearer and their allies and can be perfectly utilized by support characters like Lynx. It’s a shame that the 4 piece bonus can’t stack with the same effect, but it’s still worth grinding the Path of Elixir Seeker of the Cavern of Corrosion for its pieces.
Move quickly with Messenger Traversing Hackerspace’s effects:
- 2-Piece Bonus: Increases SPD by 6%.
- 4-Piece Bonus: When the wearer uses their Ultimate on an ally, SPD for all allies increases by 12% for 1 turn. This effect cannot be stacked.
Players can also run Lynx’s relics as a combination of the previous relic set and the Passerby of Wandering Cloud if they find themselves in dire need of more healing. This is a viable alternative if you feel that your allies are already fast enough and instead need more durability. The Passerby of Wandering Cloud set can be farmed from the Cavern of Corrosion’s Path of Drifting.
A hybrid setup will give Lynx the following bonuses:
- 2-Piece Bonus Passerby of Wandering Cloud: Increases Outgoing Healing by 10%.
- 2-Piece Bonus Messenger Traversing Hackerspace: Increases SPD by 6%.
Players can take their pick between Fleet of the Ageless and Broken Keel for Lynx’s Planar Ornaments. While the Fleet of the Ageless set does increase Lynx’s Max HP and can potentially give allies an additional ATK buff, Broken Keel shines better in situations where enemies are able to make use of crowd control effects that disrupt your team. You can get these ornaments from the Simulated Universe’s World 3 and World 7 respectively.
You can never go wrong with Fleet of the Ageless’ effects:
- Increases the wearer’s Max HP by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, all allies’ ATK increases by 8%.
Broken Keel can save you from sticky situations with these effects:
- Increases the wearer’s Effect RES by 10%. When the wearer’s Effect RES is at 30% or higher, all allies’ CRIT DMG increases by 10%.
Stats to Prioritize for Lynx
Out in the cold wilderness of Belobog, Lynx needs the following stats on her relics to survive:
- Body: HP% or Outgoing Healing
- Feet: SPD or HP%
- Planar Sphere: HP%
- Link Rope: Energy Regeneration Rate or HP%
Like most healers of HSR, Lynx’s healing scales off of her Max HP, thus giving you the option to use HP% on all of her pieces. Other notable alternatives are running Outgoing Healing on her body piece, SPD on her boots, and Energy Regen Rate on her Link Rope. These will either improve her healing, allow her to take her turns earlier in the turn order, or give her access to her Ultimate much faster.
As for her substats, anything that can aid her survival is great. Getting SPD, HP%, DEF%, and Effect RES on her whenever you can would be ideal.
Best Light Cone for Lynx
Lynx shows remarkable drive once she puts her mind to it. It’s fitting then that this go-getter’s best light cone option is called Time Waits for No One. She’ll mostly want it for its passive effect of boosting the wearer’s Max HP and Outgoing Healing efficiency, but with just how much healing she provides in her kit, giving her the ability to convert some of that to additional damage is a great bonus. This 5-star light cone is obtainable either through Warp or by buying it in the Starlight Exchange shop for 600 Starlight.
Here’s a rundown of the Time Waits for No One light cone:
- Increases the wearer’s Max HP by 18/21/24/27/30% and Outgoing Healing by 12/14/16/18/20%. When the wearer heals allies, record the amount of Outgoing Healing. When any ally launches an attack, a random attacked enemy takes Additional DMG equal to 36/42/48/54/60% of the recorded Outgoing Healing value. This Additional DMG is of the same Type as the wearer’s, is not affected by other buffs, and can only occur 1 time per turn.
If premium light cones are currently out of your Trailblazer’s budget, here are some alternatives worth considering. Post-Op Conversation emerges as a strong option, enhancing both Energy Regeneration Rate and Outgoing Healing when Lynx uses her Ultimate ability. Additionally, Quid Pro Quo gives Lynx a different kind of utility by providing Energy Regen for a random ally who may be struggling to charge up their Ultimate. Quid Pro Quo is given for free by reaching Trailblaze Level 20, with more copies available in the Light Cone Manifest shop, while Post-Op Conversation is available in all Warp banners.
Quid Pro Quo buffs its user with this effect:
- At the start of the wearer’s turn, regenerates 8 Energy for a randomly chosen ally (excluding the wearer) whose current Energy is lower than 50%.
The Light Cone Post-Op Conversation grants these bonuses:
- Increases the Energy Regeneration Rate of its wearer by 8/10/12/14/16% and increases Outgoing Healing when they use their Ultimate by 12/15/18/21/24%.
Lynx Skill Priorities
Here’s a brief summary of Lynx’s skills below:
- Ice Crampon Technique (Basic ATK) – Lynx deals Quantum DMG equal to 25 to 55% of her Max HP to a single target.
- Salted Camping Cans (Skill) – Her Skill applies “Survival Response” status to a single target ally. This increases their Max HP by 5 to 8% of Lynx’s Max HP plus 50 to 223. If the target ally is a character on the Path of Destruction or Preservation, the chance of them being attacked by enemies is greatly increased. “Survival Response” lasts for 2 turns and restores the target’s HP by 8 to 12.8% of her Max HP plus 80 to 356.
- Snowfield First Aid (Ultimate) – Lynx’s Ultimate dispels 1 debuff from all allies and immediately restores their respective HP by an amount equal to 9 to 14.4% of Lynx’s Max HP plus 90 to 401.
- Outdoor Survival Experience (Talent) – When using either her Skill or Ultimate, her talent applies continuous healing to the target ally for 2 turns, restoring the target ally’s HP by an amount equal to 2.4 to 3.84% of Lynx’s Max HP plus 24 to 107 at the start of each their turn. If the target has the “Survival Response” status, the continuous healing effect additionally restores HP by an amount equal to 3 to 4.8% of Lynx’s Max HP plus 30 to 134.
- Chocolate Energy Bar (Technique) – After Lynx uses her Technique, all allies are granted her Talent’s continuous healing effect at the start of the next battle, lasting for 2 turns.
Here’s how we would prioritize her abilities:
- Ultimate (Snowfield First Aid)
- Skill (Salted Camping Cans)
- Talent (Outdoor Survival Experience)
- Basic (Ice Crampon Technique)
Lynx excels as a healer, and that shows in the way that, save for her Basic ATK, every single one of her skills is related to providing her teammates with first aid. Leveling her Ultimate should be at the top of your priority as it offers the most significant health restoration and the ability to cleanse one debuff from all allies. Her Skill comes at a close second but be warned that although it does heal your target, it can also make them likelier to take on enemy aggro if they are characters from the Path of Destruction or Preservation. Her Talent essentially enhances her two primary skills by providing additional healing, so consider leveling it up once you’ve maxed out her Ultimate and Skill.
Leveling these skills will take up the following resources:
|Extinguished Core (Tier 1)||Seed of Abundance (Tier 1)||Lots of Credits|
|Glimmering Core (Tier 2)||Sprout of Life (Tier 2)||Regret of Infinite Ochema|
|Squirming Core (Tier 3)||Flower of Eternity (Tier 3)||Tracks of Destiny|
Gathering trace materials such as the Abundance’s Flower of Eternity requires using Trailblaze Power, a replenishing yet limited resource. Consequently, understanding which skills to prioritize is key to efficiently leveling up your characters.
Best Lynx Team Compositions
Taking damage in HSR is a foregone conclusion, which makes defensive supports such as shielders and healers a staple in any team composition. As long as you’re in need of a healer, Lynx will always be a decent option. Destruction or Preservation characters may find her to be their healer of choice because her Skill effectively doubles their likelihood of attracting enemy attention, making Lynx an ideal choice for characters who thrive on taking damage or shielding their allies from harm.
Assemble an exploration team for her with the help of these characters:
- Blade (Destruction DPS that likes to take damage)
- Clara (Likes to deliver counterblows to the enemies)
- Pela (Lynx’s best friend. Can inflict debuffs and freeze enemies)
- Gepard (Her tanky older brother who can shield Lynx from harm)
- Tingyun (Harmony buffer that provides energy for quicker Ultimates)
- Fu Xuan (Quantum Tank for mono-element team)
- Silver Wolf (Quantum debuff support for a mono-element team)
- Seele (Quantum DPS for mono-element team)
While Lynx may appear straightforward, she proves to be an exceptional healer, even when compared to her counterparts. Luocha stands out as a clear upgrade over Lynx, but this is hardly surprising, given Luocha’s remarkable hands-off healing capabilities. Her impressive performance becomes even more noteworthy, considering she is a 4-star character. With far easier access to her eidolons, Lynx is well on her way to rival even the 5-star healer from the Standard Warp, Bailu.