Luocha may look like a certain suspicious individual from another HoYoVerse title but as his Companion Mission suggests, do not judge a book by its cover. This handsome traveling merchant carrying a mysterious coffin brings not death but life as Honkai Star Rail’s newest premium healer.
He follows the Path of Abundance which focuses on healing allies and cleansing any debuffs affecting the team. However, unlike the healers made available to us thus far, Luocha’s scaling makes him more of a harmacist than your typical pharmacist.
Learning how his mechanics work is key in proving why Luocha is considered a top tier support pick and this Luocha Honkai: Star Rail guide will help you do just that. It’ll also go in depth as to his best relics, light cones, skills, and characters that would love to have him on their team.
Best Relic Set and Ornament for Luocha
Choosing the right relic set for Luocha is tricky, to say the least. Luocha deals Imaginary DMG but his supportive nature does not lend itself to dealing massive amounts of damage. While his kit is geared towards healing hurt allies, players are heavily encouraged to improve his ATK stat. We recommend using the Musketeer of Wild Wheat set on him, mostly to improve his personal ATK and SPD stats.
These are the effects you get by using ‘Musketeer of Wild Wheat’:
- 2-Piece Bonus: ATK increases by 12%.
- 4-Piece Bonus: The wearer’s SPD increases by 6% and Basic ATK DMG increases by 10%.
The tried and tested Passerby of Wandering Cloud is great for a healer like Luocha, but he doesn’t get much from its 4 piece bonus. You can get the best of both worlds by using a pair of Musketeer of Wild Wheat with a pair of Passerby of Wandering Cloud, trading the buffs to his personal stats with an increase to his Outgoing Healing instead. Players will be happy to know that you can efficiently farm for both sets, as they’re both obtainable in the Cavern of Corrosion’s Path of Drifting.
To compare, here are the bonuses that Luocha can get with a hybrid setup:
- 2-Piece Musketeer of Wild Wheat: ATK increases by 12%.
- 2-Piece Passerby of Wandering Cloud: Increases Outgoing Healing by 10%
For Luocha’s Planar Ornaments, you’ve got two options. If you prefer for him to dish out a great amount of healing, using Space Stealing Station perfectly sets you up for the task. It’s a little surprising as this ornament set is usually reserved for mainly DPS characters. This set gives him a 24% increase to his ATK stat if certain conditions are met.
‘Space Stealing Station’ grants these effects to its wearer:
- Increases the wearer’s ATK by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, the wearer’s ATK increases by an extra 12%.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to set him up with a more traditional supportive loadout, ‘Fleet of the Ageless’ is still the best choice. It allows him to safely take more hits while improving all of his allies’ ATK. Players can get both Space Stealing Station and Fleet of the Ageless from World 3 of the Simulated Universe.
Opting for ‘Fleet of the Ageless’ gives Luocha the following:
- Increases the wearer’s Max HP by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, all allies’ ATK increases by 8%.
Stats to Prioritize for Luocha
You should aim to get the following main stats on Luocha’s relics:
- Body: Outgoing Healing
- Feet: SPD
- Planar Sphere: ATK%
- Link: Energy Regeneration Rate
Luocha’s strength is mainly in his healing capabilities, so rocking an Outgoing Healing body piece on him will let him fully play into his strengths. You can equip SPD boots on him so that he can move earlier in the turn and be able to put down his healing field before the enemies can attack. Since Luocha does not need to concern himself with dealing as much damage, using an ATK% piece instead of an Imaginary DMG piece will be better in the long run. As for his Link piece, an Energy Regeneration Rate piece will help him get his ultimate much quicker to either break the enemies’ toughness or earn 1 stack of Abyss Flower at will.
Luocha havers will want to get as many SPD and ATK% substats on all of his pieces as possible. A utility stat that Luocha won’t mind having is Break Effect. The Imaginary element is one of the two elements that have action delay scaling off Break Effect apart from Quantum. It also helps that Imaginary is the most common element found as a weakness in enemies’ toughness. Lastly, defensive stats like HP% and DEF% lends itself to making your healer less vulnerable to being knocked out himself so that he can focus on healing other party members.
Best Light Cone for Luocha
As expected with the Path of Abundance, Luocha is a healer through and through. However, unlike other Abundance characters that we have so far, Luocha’s healing does not scale off of Max HP but rather with his ATK. This makes his complementary 5-Star Light Cone ‘Echoes of The Coffin’ his best-in-slot, as it is the only Abundance light cone that caters to that type of scaling. Not only does it increase his ATK unconditionally, but it also helps his Energy Regeneration. This will allow him to cast his Ultimate more often for his talent but also buff his allies’ speed along with it. You can get this light cone via Warping in his limited-time Brilliant Fixation banner.
‘Echoes of The Coffin’ has the following abilities:
- Increases the wearer’s ATK by 24/28/32/36/40%. After the wearer uses an attack, for each different enemy target the wearer hits, regenerates 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 Energy. Each attack can regenerate Energy up to 3 times this way. After the wearer uses their Ultimate, all allies gain 12/14/16/18/20 SPD for 1 turn.
That’s not to say that ‘Time Waits for No One’ is not a viable option for him. The additional Outgoing Healing goes splendidly with his Talent’s numerous healing procs and his Skill’s hefty heal. Due to how big his heals can get, this light cone’s secondary effect can turn it into good chip damage once per turn. The increase to his Max HP, though it does not improve his healing, will still improve his bulk considerably. ‘Time Waits for No One’ can be obtained through warping.
‘Time Waits for No One’ grants these effects:
- Increases the wearer’s Max HP by 18/21/24/27/30% and Outgoing Healing by 12/14/16/18/20%. When the wearer heals allies, record the amount of Outgoing Healing. When any ally launches an attack, a random attacked enemy takes Additional DMG equal to 36/42/48/54/60% of the recorded Outgoing Healing value. This Additional DMG is of the same Type as the wearer’s, is not affected by other buffs, and can only occur 1 time per turn
4-Star Light Cones might not give as many stats as their 5-Star counterparts but the abilities that come with them can still prove to be worthwhile investments especially for players who do not have a big collection of light cones. Post-Op Conversation is a good contender due to its ability improving both his Energy Regeneration Rate as well as his Outgoing Healing upon using his Ultimate. There’s also ‘Perfect Timing’ which improves his Outgoing Healing based on a percentage of his Effect Resistance. Both light cones are available in any wishing banner as a 4-star drop.
Choosing ‘Post-Op Conversation’ grants you the following:
- Increases Energy Regeneration Rate of its wearer by 8/10/12/14/16% and increases Outgoing Healing when they use their Ultimate by 12/15/18/21/24%.
Making use of ‘Perfect Timing’ will give these bonuses:
- Increases the wearer’s Effect RES by 16/20/24/28/32% and increases Outgoing Healing by an amount that is equal to 33/36/39/42/45% of Effect RES. Outgoing Healing can be increased this way by up to 15/18/21/24/27%.
Luocha Skill Priorities
Here’s a breakdown of Luocha’s skills:
- Thorns of the Abyss (Basic ATK) – Luocha’s Basic ATK deals Imaginary DMG equal to 50 to 110% of his ATK to a single enemy.
- Prayer of Abyss Flower (Skill) – His skill immediately restores the target ally’s HP equal to 40 to 64% of Luocha’s ATK plus 200 to 890. Meanwhile, he gains 1 stack of Abyss Flower. When any ally’s HP percentage drops to 50% or lower, an effect equivalent to his Skill will immediately be triggered and applied to this ally for one time (without consuming Skill Points). This effect can be triggered again after 2 turns.
- Death Wish (Ultimate) – Removes 1 buff from all enemies and deals Imaginary DMG equal to 120 to 216% of Luocha’s ATK to all enemies. Luocha gains 1 stack of Abyss Flower.
- Cycle of Life (Talent) – When Abyss Flower reaches 2 stacks, Luocha consumes all stacks of Abyss Flower to deploy a Field against the enemy. When any enemy in the Field is attacked by an ally, the attacking ally’s HP is immediately restored by an amount equal to 12 to 19.2% of Luocha’s ATK plus 60 to 267. The Field’s effect lasts for 2 turns. When Luocha is knocked down, the Field will be dispelled.
- Mercy of a Fool (Technique) – Using this Technique will immediately trigger Luocha’s talent at the start of the next battle.
Prioritize leveling his skills in this order to maximize his usefulness:
- Talent (Cycle of Life)
- Skill (Prayer of Abyss Flower)
- Ultimate (Death Wish)
- Basic ATK (Thorns of the Abyss)
The crux of Luocha’s kit is making use of his Talent, Cycle of Life, and ensuring that the healing field is always active. Therefore, leveling his Talent is the first thing players should prioritize as this will increase the amount of healing your party gets with each attack while the field is up. While casting his Ultimate frequently helps in the uptime of his talent, the extra levels only improves its damage and nothing else so it ranks lower on the list of priority along with his Basic ATK, which is his least impactful skill.
|Artifex’s Module (Tier 1)
|Seed of Abundance (Tier 1)
|Lots of Credit
|Artifex’s Cogwheel (Tier 2)
|Sprout of Life (Tier 2)
|Artifex’s Gyreheart (Tier 3)
|Flower of Eternity (Tier 3)
|Tracks of Destiny
While resources like the Artifex’s Gyreheart can be obtained as drops from defeating enemies on the map, resources like the Flower of Eternity or Guardian’s Lament from defeating the Bud of Abundance Calyx and Jarilo-IV’s Echo of War respectively. Players will need to pick wisely on which skills they should upgrade first as grinding for these resources takes a lot of time and effort.
Best Luocha Team Compositions
Due to the lack of dodging mechanics, taking damage in Honkai: Star Rail is inevitable. This makes healers a necessity to have in any team, except for specific compositions that have characters who do not want to be healed (we’re looking at you, Arlan). Since his healing requires a minimal investment in skill points during battle, this makes him the perfect medic for teams who would rather spend all of their skill points offensively.
If you need a list of candidates to join Luocha in being pallbearers, here are our suggestions:
- Clara (She becomes disgustingly unkillable when paired with Luocha)
- Other follow up characters like March 7th or Jing Yuan (follow ups proc his healing field)
- Squishy DPS like Yanqing or Seele
- Buffers like Bronya or Tingyun
- Debuff supports like Pela or Silver Wolf
Luocha’s style of healing enables the party to essentially have a lifesteal effect. While it may be overkill for some compositions for now, this may enable a certain type of playable characters in the future, characters that may have kits revolving around sacrificing a portion of their own or the party’s health points in order to deal massive amounts of damage, by giving them a way to self-sustain. Nevertheless, his flexibility as a support, coupled with his consistent and reliable healing, makes him a future-proof boon to any player’s account.